3. Carnival Sunshine
We have cruised with Carnival during our children's Spring Break for the last 4 years. We have always found this mode of travel to be cost effective and keep each person in our family happy. The itinerary for this trip caught my eye because we had visited most of the other ports that were available on other boats sailing during the time frame that we were available. The cabin that we chose (5319) had terrible noise below it: BEWARE and read my cabin review. However we still managed to have a great time on our trip, even with the lack of sleep. The ports were as magical as we had hoped they would be. I always enjoy how predictable the food is on Carnival ships. There is always something to eat and the dining staff was willing to work around food sensitivities and allergies that I have. Our family loves to watch the Dive In movies at night on the pool deck and we took full advantage of that throughout our stay. We did not do much else in terms of entertainment. I went to the gym 4 out of the 8 days I was on the boat and although there is not the same amount of equipment at my home gym Carnival has provided enough that patrons can get a nice workout if they are creative enough.

Great Itinerary

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by aneh1980

aneh1980’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6D 5319
Beware of this cabin!!!!!! Our cabin steward was excellent, perhaps the most attentive and receptive we've ever experienced on Carnival, however we left the ship more tired than when we arrived. We have never complained on a cruise, but we spent several early mornings and evenings at customer service or on the phone with customer service because of a noise underneath our cabin that was jarring and would wake us out of sleep every single time it would occur. We heard the noise the first two nights that we were aboard the ship and struggled to sleep, however we wrongly attributed the noise to not being used to ship life. By the third night we began to become increasingly frustrated by the slamming sound that kept us up throughout the remaining nights of the cruise. We reported the problem to Guest Services around 4 AM after a sleepless night and the response was that the noise would be checked in on. We were also told that we needed to call immediately when we heard the noise. When we followed those directions, however, we were told that security did not find anything out of the ordinary below our room. My husband began to investigate the noise and found a door that the CREW was using for their cigarette breaks. Whenever we would use or go near the door we were immediately approached by crew and asked to leave. Throughout the week we continued to notify Guest services when we were awaken. Once guest services became aware that we knew it was a crew door that was causing our sleepless nights we were consistently told that a work order was placed to repair the door. We never saw maintenance near the door or heard a difference in the jarring noise that occurred each time it slammed shut. What we did receive from the only crew member who cared enough to go to the trouble of trying to make the scenario right was on board cruise cash because there was not a new room we could be moved to. This was sincerely a nice gesture, but did not take away the frustration of basically paying for sleepless nights. Moreover we found out via a crew member that the crew smoking area had recently been moved to a new location and one of the doors utilized for the new location was the loud, slamming door underneath our room. The crew had previously had a different location in which they would take their cigarette breaks, however they did not like the location due to the wind on that part of the ship. We eventually realized that some of the crew members were purposely "not finding" anything wrong with the slamming door because it would then cause another change in the smoking area location that they had just fought for. Crew who may have realized the annoyance weren't apt to agree with our complaint because it would inconvenience their coworkers. We have vacationed a decent amount and traveled with our children's sports team, but have never experienced staff acting oblivious to something so obviously occurring.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins