3. MSC Sinfonia
PRE CRUISE. I flew from heathrow to DURBAN via DUBAI Not great as trains in Dubai were not running meaning going thru security Twice! Stayed 3 nts at Parade Hotel right on the Beach. Saw USHAKA MARINE which I enjoyed apart from the rain. EMBARKATION. After a nice BREAKFAST in Hotel I got a taxi to the PORT and a long Queue for Check In no getting through any faster as my back card was not a classic as not cruised for a while. Another long queue for passport control. Finally after a photo I was onboard no cabin ready yet so dropped my other case and had a BUFFET LUNCH. Then my cabin was ready despite no announcement. CABIN. I had 7053 an obstructed view not a great view with the lifeboat in the way. Not a bad sixe a double bed no headboard I have had better. ok bathroom with a shower some drawer space. Safe was locked from previous tenant so had to get them to unlock it to use. Also no soap in the bathroom glad they sorted it out before the morning. I prefer proper soap not a dispenser. Then lifeboat drill which was very quick then the case was there and unpacked. I went up on deck to see the SAILAWAY. DINING. My cruise card had no info on it when I was dining or my table number. So at 1730 went to see MATRE D got a table in the other RESTAUARANT then find I was sitting ALONE! Not HAPPY! so had to wait 30 mins to get a table with others. By the time I had dinner I had missed the early show. I like a smoke so using the CIGAR ROOM was a good idea even though all are CIGERETTE smokers using it. I had deal with agent so got FREE bottled water at meals as I do not like not having tap water like most lines do. DESTINATION. My only place was MOZAMBIQUE ISLE I missed this place when I cruises on MSC 20 years ago as they had SMALLPOX so could not land. Funny enough that cruise sat with a couple from DURBAN who I met this time when I was there. EXCURSION. I booked and excursion 4x4 to TURTLE BEACH but as in said I was paying by cash it was not booked. I booked chicken bbq on the beach instead at $45 not cheap. I was having breakfast they kerpt calling tenders I had 2 tickets for different time and after breakfast went on the next one.Got off at MOZAMBIQUE ISLE and walked in the water to where my excursion went from. Got confused thought I cvould use RAND to payt for drinks but used your CRUISE CARD. Had a drink and some fruit. Waited till 1300 for the trip to INACHA ISLAND. it was a tiny like a rowing boat with outboard motor. Had to go into the water to get onboard, I had a lot of trouble getting in and out of the boat. He had trouble starting the motor.Then got there and had to paddle through the water to get to beach. walked to the BBQ and sat with another couple funny trhe lady eat almost none of the chicken and did not want to walk to the village. After the village got the boat back and bought a model boat for 120 RAND. Then got the Tender back to the ship. DEPARTURE. I thought we were staying there overnight but at Dinner I see we are moving nobody seemed to to believe we were. We cruised slowly along the coast. Had Dinner and made sure I did not want to miss the show it was a mind reading show they only picked women. Then cigar room always people to talk to. AT SEA. Had BREAKFAST BUFFET disembarkation talk which used to be shown on the cabin tv which was rubbish not even a map to see where we were. Also 2 lights went out in cabin despite me calling reception they did NOTHING! In the end I had to remove floresoent one as it flickered all the time otherwise all the lights went out. LUNCH Buffet and NAP then Last Dinner and show with goodbye and CIGAR Room was packed with CIGERETTE SMOKERS(NOT GOOD!) so sat on windy deck instead. Packed and left case outside cabin. DISEMBARKATION. After an early Breakfast an early arriving at 5am Then sat on deck waited for colour to be called then taxi to hotel. THOUGHTS. Not a bad cruise things need to be fixed though, only good thing I did like was a machine to take money out of bank account rather than charging me twice, I hope more cruise lines adopt this idea.

African cruise

MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by seabourndt

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Bella Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)
PRE CRUISE.

DISEMBARKATION.

THOUGHTS.

seabourndt’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Sinfonia price drops

Bella Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)
Cabin O1 7053
not bad but no soft headboard and things were not fixed when I complained
Brahms Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins