3. Ruby Princess
We chose this ship and itinerary based on the scheduling needs of our college age kids, and because it was a shorter trip, the hope that more of our friends would be able to join us. The reason for the trip was to celebrate our upcoming 25th anniversary and vow renewal. We ended up with 14 family and friends joining us. In total, 9 cabins were booked. Two interiors, two balconies, a Club Class mini-suite, a vista suite, two PH suites and an owners suite. While I didn’t see all of the cabins, everyone was very happy with their accommodations. Embarkation was super smooth and fast. We arrived for boarding around 11am and were onboard within 20 mins. It was a sold out trip, over spring break, so I expected a longer process. Due to a recent accident, we had arranged a wheelchair assisted embarkation for my husband. That helped, but honestly, the rest of our group boarded in the same timely fashion. I’ve done a comprehensive review in the main Princess forum, which you can find via my user name, so will limit this review to general experiences. Unlike our first trip on the Ruby a year ago, the service was consistently excellent the whole trip. We had one majorly sub par situation in which 6 of us that had Club Class were told by the HW in CC, at 8:15 pm, that our party was too large to seat, they were closing in 20 minutes (a lie), we should have come at our assigned time (???? Didn’t know Anytime Dining meant I had to come at a set time) and that we had to go to the regular MDR to be seated. This is 1000% unacceptable. While I don’t expect any compensation for this, corporate will be hearing from me. I immediately went to the suite line at passenger services and complained. I was told someone would contact me. No one ever did. I chose not to waste valuable cruise time following up. The ship is in beautiful shape — I did not see anything of note in terms of unusual wear and tear. We spent a lovely morning in the Sanctuary (try it at least once!!) on this itinerary I suggest arrival morning in Cabo, port side window lounges. Less crowded and stunning views. We did have a lot of trouble, the entire cruise, getting anyone to answer the room service line. To the point of ridiculousness. Didn’t matter day or time, it just rang and rang. Disembarkation was a breeze — just insanely quick and easy. Only problem with it was it meant our cruise was over :-/

Anniversary Party on Ruby

Ages 16+
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Owner's Suite with Balcony
Cabin S2 A752
Amazing cabin. Perfect for our large group to socialize in, huge balcony, beautifully appointed and comfortable. More than ample cupboard and drawer space. Closet a bit smaller than expected but still nice. Very quiet, no soot issues, motion was fine (my kids noticed the increased motion as compared to their location, but I found it to be minimal personally). Balcony furniture was wonderful, and dining table in cabin was well used ;-) — we ordered in several times.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins