3. Celebrity Solstice
We booked the 16 night cruise for our honeymoon, all we received as an onboard perk was a flyer wishing us a happy honeymoon with $5 each free play in the casino, some discount in the overpriced spa and an option for a photo shoot but the photos were charged as an extra. Last time I cruised with Celebrity in 2011 with my late husband to celebrate 25years of marriage we received many extra perks, obviously CC’ s are now saving costs. The whole cruise was based around extracting as much money from clients as possible despite already having paid a substantial amount of money to purchase the cruise. I sang the praises of CC’s to my new husband (a first time cruiser) and I was very disappointed, we will think twice about sailing with them again. The main reason for choosing this itinerary was visiting the “Sounds” in NZ which where cancelled due to some passengers being off loaded due to illness. Instead of flying them off by helicopter we had to turn around and go back to Port (we were already 5 hours out of. Melbourne) then cruise back out to sea, due to the loss of hours the scheduled Port visit was cancelled, the whole ship was disappointed, we took out cruise cover but we will only receive £200 in compensation.

Disappointed no fuss made about our honeymoon!

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Julie - Woody

Julie - Woody’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2B 7198
Well presented but tired looking in areas, ship in need on refurb compared to more modern ships.
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins