3. Grand Celebration
I know a lot of people say this cruise is a scam, but I don't think it is the actual cruise line that scams people, I think it is the private contractor's that book these cruises. We impulsively bought a "great deal" from Holiday Cruise Line that turned out to be working on behalf of a time share company (RCI/Wydham). We ended up spending significantly more money on this "great deal" and it was a nightmare to book. Luckily, aside from the hotel that they booked us at in Orlando (Park Inn by Radisson - don't ever stay here) most of the trip was a lot of fun. Aside from the extra fees that we paid to take this cruise ($82.59 for a beverage package - 10 drink tickets, $116.82 for 3 people to eat at the specialty restaurant - Admiralty Club and $115.80 for gratuity and taxes/port fees), we really had a great time. The entertainment was great and we had a lot of fun playing Name That Tune with the piano player at the martini bar. We also enjoyed playing board games which they had a nice variety to choose from in the lounge next to the martini bar. The main pool was being painted while we were there, so that was kind of a bummer. It was not easy to find a lounge chair either since it was Spring Break and the ship was full of people. The food was decent and they have top shelf liquors to choose from which was nice. I also managed to find a good glass of wine. One thing I want to mention is that dinner we had in the main dining room that you do not have to pay extra for was actually better than the meal we had at the specialty restaurant. Don't waste your money. One more thing - the Belgian waffles at the Buffet were probably the best Belgian waffles I have ever had. Seriously good! We really enjoyed the evening entertainment and I was very impressed with the theatre! It was super nice! They do a really nice job of taking care of this ship. It is very clean and the furniture is in good shape. We had no issues with customer service. Boarding the ship in Port of Palm was fairly painless, it didn't take too long. Boarding the ship in the Bahamas was a little concerning - they could not find our reservation! The reservation attendant had to go on to the ship and it took a half hour or so before he returned and told us he got it straightened out. Luckily it all worked out, except that our room was in the front of the ship on the way back and the vibration from the engine woke us up very early. Definitely will make sure we don't get a room in the front of a ship again! Getting off the ship once we returned to Port of Palm was kind of crazy. We ended up waiting until about 11:00 am until almost everyone was off the ship before we attempted to leave. Once we got off the ship we had to wait for a Valet to retrieve our car which took some time. We had to pay $19.00/day to Valet Park at Port of Palm - Valet parking is not an option, it is a requirement. I would recommend making sure if you are flying out the same day you return to book an afternoon flight and plan on relaxing on the ship until the very last minute. Trying to beat the crowds off of that ship and standing in line for a long time is not a fun way to end your vacation...

Pleasantly Surprised

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by boisefit

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

boisefit’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line Grand Celebration price drops

Cabin U158
Our room was nice and clean- very standard room for a cruise ship and the beds were comfortable. We did not hear noise from outside our room which was also nice.