I Have recently got back from a 12 night cruise in hope of seeing the northern lights but we could not see them but I admit that was nobodies fault , it was down to nature but my main problem was with the cruise itself , I did not enjoy much about this cruise , Our cabin was in a bad location and as it was a cold cruise because it was going to Norway and the further it got the colder it got so understandably they had to keep the doors closed on the lido deck which on a warm cruise you would've walked through to make it to the conservatory dining restaurant and it was a long walk and I was travelling with elderly parents in their mid 60's & they found it a lot having to walk a mile each time they wanted to get something to eat . The conservatory restaurant was always super extremely crowded and at breakfast most mornings you had to really scrimp around before you could find a clear table ans it was always absolute mayhem down there , the food was nothing special at all it was like the low quality junk you'd find at an all you can eat buffet for about £8.99 , mass catering . The better food you had to pay for like to dine in either the oriental or Indian restaurant you had to pay quite a bit more and I paid something in the region of £1200.00 so why in the hell should I have to pay for any extras ??? It should all be included , P&0 already had £1200 of my money why should they get anymore . I think this whole cruise was a huge con absolute rip off . The atmosphere of the conservatory restaurant was about as classy as ASDA's cafe but about ten times as rushed and crowded , I will never do another cruise with P&0 ever again ... They have really let themselves go down the toilet . The cabin was looked after very well and the cabin Steward that was looking after all the cabins on the deck I was on did a wonderful job and REALLY looked after us really well and was always happy and polite and nothing was too much trouble and he would chat with me for a couple of minutes while he was working and was very friendly . The cabin was comfortable and I had all the towels and sheets I needed , the one problem that did take longer to sort out that it should've done was an issue with the climate control it was on the coolest setting it would go and was only blowing out REALLY hot air , I was sticky and clammy because it was so warm in there and had to sleep on top of the bed before they finally fixed it , it took them four days to get on it despite the fact that I'd been up at the desk more times than I can remember to complain about it & they kept saying it was beyond their control and someone was fixing it and it could take an hour up to 24 hours and it took much longer , I thought it was complete unacceptable , it would sweetened it a little if they had said while we are sorting this out help yourselves to as many cold drinks from the refrigerator in your cabin and you won't be charged for them , they're on us until we can get this sorted out but they didn't even do that . The entertainment was totally naff & was either aimed at chavs or old people , There were a couple of decent films I saw in the Chaplin Cinema in the evening but that was it . Music was completely awful over commercialised cack and was chosen by someone without a brain or what appeals most to drunk idiots on a Friday or Saturday night . The whole thing has become really chavified where most things appealed to that kind of person . At dinner time in the evening it clearly stated either formal which meant shirt , tie and dinner Jacket and shoes or on smart casual it stated smart trousers , collar shirt and smart jumper no jeans or tracksuit / jogging bottoms or football shirts and when I went into the Conservatory restaurant there were more than half who were inappropriately dressed . I saw Flip flops , Trainers , Football shirts , Skull & Bones shirts , Vests on really gross overweight fat men with beer bellies and at dinner this is a really unpleasant thing to have to look at ... Even on the formal night there were individuals dressed in this manner I was repulsed & put off to be honest I thought I'd mistakenly walked into either Pontins or Butlins dining area as the kind of person these holidays now seem to be attracting this type of character If P&0 are going to have the dress codes then they need to do one of two things either do a beter job at enforcing them or ABOLISH them altogether that way we'd know where we were ... but I guess this was bound to happen , the chav's have cottoned on to and taken over everything else in Britain and ruined it so it was only a matter of time before they discovered cruising and put their filthy stamp on what was once a pleasant relaxing experience . In another decade there will be drunkenness ,fighting and football hooliganism on these ships . They are very fast declining . The daytime activities were weak as they come . Pathway to Yoga , Footprint Analysis , Lunchtime puzzle . One of your entertainment team will provide a "fun" silent puzzle handout to complete at your leisure . Afternoon social Dancing , Walk in Fluid Retention Clinic , Port day picture Quiz , Nit & Natter .... I honestly almost gave up the will to Live it was so damn boring . On the days where I was at sea were the worst because the activities got even more tedious. The Lords Tavern was the worst evening entertainment . awful bland repetitive over commercial music being played at full volume followed by a dumb quiz and the entertainment staff were a bunch of irritating morons . I REALLY HATED this cruise with a passion & will NEVER , EVER go on anything else to do with P&0 or anything which they have had any involvement in .

The most boring, depressing two weeks of my life

Oriana Cruise Review by Stephen Hardy

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Europe
Stephen Hardy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oriana price drops

Cabin A109
Cabin was very comfortable and I was well looked after by my Cabin Steward I thought he was a very nice , friendly polite young man and he always made my bed perfectly and replaced whatever I had used , soap , toilet paper & towels and left chocolates on my bed for me to munch on either before bed if the food wasn't very good at dinner time & I had not eaten enough or I just saved them to take home with me . The cabin was very comfortable and had all I needed in there .
  Oriana Deck Plans

• Andalsnes
    Can't really remember much about it so couldn't of been very good
    View All 36 Andalsnes Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Andalsnes Cruise Port Review
  • Southampton
    The trips were OK I got to go on a train and view all the scenery of the Place and on the way back saw mooses and elks which reminded me of either canadian or Souther American outback , then visited a giftshop which was mainly just Troll merchandise . In Tromso I went on a cable car ride which was rammed tight and could barely breathe in there and then went on top and saw the view from upstairs took a few pics and went back down . Stravanger was about the best because the temprature wasn't too cold , it was fairly bright and there wasn't too much snow .
    View All 12,771 Southampton Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Southampton Cruise Port Review
  • Pulpit Rock
    This was the best out of the three , the weather was reasonable , It was 9 degrees out and it was sunny and we went on a very picturesque coach trip . The tour guide for that trip was really annoying , she was really loud and she would never shut up and sometimes we just wanted to enjoy the view in silence without her rattling on about nothing . We stopped off at a cafe type place and had coffee with American style waffles and Pancakes but I didn't have any because I am trying to watch my weight , I know people will say you're on holiday so you should eat what you want but being on holiday isn't an excuse to over indulge and go home three stone heavier than you were before .
    View All 57 Pulpit Rock Reviews
  • Cable Car Experience
    Awful just awful , it was freezing cold and I went on a cable car ride which was jam packed to the brim and so was unable to breathe and the stupid moron who was running the trip told us to leave our hats , gloves and scarves behind while we went to some really crappy museum about seal clubbing and other barbaric history BS that I didn't give a toss about .
    View All 14 Cable Car Experience Reviews