• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

BOONCL
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2018
Cabin: Balcony

Just spent a small fortune on a long ago planned trip of a lifetime through the Panama Canal. The ship was undergoing major work during the trip with many areas closed for the entire duration with some rolling closures. The deck areas and casual dining that were open were overcrowded as a result. Often ended up in my room eating. NCL did not advise us in advance nor discount our fares. We paid a huge amount and got a subpar product. The worst of this was that NCL knew that this was happening and the passengers felt tricked into paying for the canal fee so the ship could get over to Victoria to dry dock and complete the work. NCL says the ship was refurbished in 2016 so you wouldn't have expected this. The passengers organized meetings on board and now the press have picked up on this and interviewed some passengers! How could they not have known that this would mess with people's dream trips? Never in my 30 years of travelling and cruising have I needed to follow up and demand recourse after a vacation. The response, or lack thereof, from them has been even more dissapointing. I used to defend and promote NCL to my friends and family. Not anymore!

The rooms were cruise small. Shower ridiculously small. Restaurant service and room steward were so nice and helpful. I sure hope they actually get the sujper high gratuities we have to pay. Got drink package and had to pay over c$500 in mandatory gratuities. We didn't even drink that much. What a rip off. Plus you can't even get a can of pop or water with your drink package. I should have ordered a rum and coke and hold the rum so i could get a coke but there was no coke on board. Only pepsi. The shore excursions were expensive for what you got. better to book on your own for the same tour at a fraction of the cost. The ports were interesting but the things of interest in a few were far away and no real beaches at almost all so don't think it's a beachy vacay. Do not go snorkelling in Acapulco. Dirty water and no fish. Go to Antigua Guatemala.

Balcony

fumes and noise from construction. small shower and bathroom. little storage.

Find a Norwegian Sun Cruise from $489