Nautica Cruise Review

Nautica Cruise Review by Tea Snob

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Inside

Our pre-cruise with Oceania to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors was wonderful. Oceania took care of every detail. Our hotel in Shanghai and Xian were both excellent. The airport transfers with the pre-cruise was smooth and uneventful. Our guide traveled with us to from Shanghai to Xian and back. He spoke English very well and was a wonderful guide in Shanghai when we toured Old Town Shanghai before generation. We had another tour guide for Xian, who was very knowledgeable about the Terracotta Warriors and in the museum.

Embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. My TA told Oceania that I was allergic to down feathers and my preference for diet cokes. We were in our cabin only a few minutes when our cabin attendant welcomed us and assured us the down feathers were removed from our cabin and to assure me the diet cokes would be checked to make sure we would not run out! Our cabin attendant and her assistant were excellent.

My husband and I both thought the cuisine was outstanding at the informal Terrace, Waves, Grand Dining Room, and Specialty restaurants. We were also very happy with the cappuccino bar.

We had a mixture of private tours and Oceania shore excursions. All in all, we were happy with the Oceania shore excursions. We only had one tour guide in Okinawa, Japan that was hard to understand.

We loved all the ports we visited and even spent one night off the ship in Kyoto.

We will definitely cruise on Oceania again especially the smaller ships like Nautica and Insignia.

Tea Snob's Full Rating Summary

Inside
Cabin F 8034

We have had concierge and penthouse suites on Oceania Marina. We found that we were not fully utilizing the amenities of the suites. We found we were not in our cabins that much during the day and used it only for sleeping. Our inside cabin had a lot of drawers, cabinets, and closet space for all the stuff we brought (I don't know how to travel light!). Yes, the shower was tiny, but we managed. The location of the cabin was very convenient if we needed fresh air (one deck up and we were outside). The cabin was also very convenient for all the dining, library, and laundry room.

Tea Snob