Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by copper65

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

The Port of Charleston was a breeze for both embarkation and disemabarkation which is a huge plus. The ecstacy is definitely showing age but our cabin was clean and comfortable. Our Cabin steward was fantastic! Service everywhere was great and most seemed happy to serve you.

This wasn't my first cruise so I had high expectations regarding food. The Lido buffet did not offer as many selections or variety as the larger ships. I love eating the buffets but was very disappointed. I agree with the person who stated it was like eating at Golden Corral. The breakfast at the buffet was good, however. The food in the dining room was ok but nothing outstanding. The desserts seemed flavorless except for the chocolate melting cake..it was amazing! The drinks seemed watered down. The premixed drinks supposedly had alcohol...I couldn't tell.

Lots of young kids on this trip and it seemed geared toward them Kids taking up bar stools at the bars, filling up the hot tub, etc. With one pool, the trip would have been a disaster had the weather been hot. Two thousand people trying to keep cool in one very small pool..thank goodness it wasn't hot.

Went to the first show of one of the comedians and it was ok...he was funny but it was the family friendly show so he had kids in his act. The cruise director Brittney worked her butt off! She was great! Didn't do a shore excursion so I can't comment on them. I'm not a cheap person..I like to spend money, but they seemed over priced. I just didn't choose to take one.

One thing I saw as a fail on Carnival's part was having loud music playing in the atrium bar which is right next to guest services. I had asked a question at guest services and could not hear the staff when they were talking. The accents sometimes are difficult to understand but with music blaring I couldn't hear him. He could have made a better effort to speak up but Since he didn't I had to lean over the counter and keep asking him to repeat himself. Relocate guest services.

Unless my family insists, I won't sail the Ecstacy again. If I do it will be because of the Charleston port and not the ship. Despite my disappointment I had a good time because it was vacation. Would love to sail Carnival again but will check out the other cruise lines before I do.

copper65's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6B R61

Plenty of room for storage and extremely quiet..except for unsupervised kids running the halls.

Charleston

Didn't do a Carnival excursion here just explored on my own. Great city with great history!

Nassau

Did not do an organized excursion but explored on our own. Went to Junkanoo Beach. It was too cold so we left. Junkanoo was a little rough. They need to clean it up a little. If I was to return to Nassau I would probably go to Cabbage Beach or Atlantis. The Straw Market had lots of crafts to choose from, but I was begining to feel pressure from those selling their wares. I got the sob story of if I buy something they can eat breakfast..just as I had read on a review before.

Princess Cays

Enjoyed Princess Cays, just wish the weather had been warmer. Food was good that Carnival offered. Sure wish they would honor the CHEERS! program while on Princess Cays.

copper65