• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Carnival Glory Review

Editor Rating
1959 reviews
4 Awards

Not quite a Sensation but still pretty awesome

Review for Carnival Glory to the Western Caribbean
Triple C
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children

Used Faster to the Fun to get on the ship by 11:30. Against my better judgement, I agreed to leave my carry on with the porters instead of taking it directly on the ship as I had planned (and done last year). Next time I'll be taking it on board. The people outside did not believe me when I said I could to straight to my room with my bag, but alas, with FttF, I was correct! I could have unpacked immediately upon embarking. Oh well - no worries. Sensation was our first ship, and the cabin steward and waitstaff set the bar pretty high. Glory could not match it. Our steward was super friendly and knew us by name instantly, never failing to say hello. We loved it. However, we had to ask for toilet paper, our light bulb was burnt out and never replaced even after informing him of it, and it just wasn't as "clean" as the Sensation. The waitress we had was not friendly and she didn't really seem to get to "know" us like everyone else on the ship did. The windows on the ship were hard to see through and we never saw maintenance cleaning them like we did on the Sensation. However, the Fun Staff was just as energetic and had many things planned for us, the dance team was amazing, and the bar staff - can't say enough good things about them. Outside of the windows, the common areas were very clean, and while this ship held about 1000 more guests than the Sensation it didn't feel overcrowded and awful. Lines weren't terribly bad, and we don't use the pool anyway so the crowd there was fine. We never failed to find a lounger when we wanted one. Our ports included Grand Cayman (Diana at Cayman Diving - awesome!!!), Cozumel (while a fun diversion, skip Salsa Salsa Margarita unless you are a senior citizen), Belize (seeing history come to life in Lamanai - no words), and Roatan. Roatan was planned to be our best, most relaxing day. Our final day off of the ship with snorkeling a reef, spider monkeys, and ziplining. The sky was blue, the weather was perfect. We were up and ready bright and early after a very late night, just to be sure we got the most out of our 8 hours. Our hired driver was ready, and our Infinity Bay wristbands were reserved. What a MAJOR disappointment when the captain decided it was too windy to stop there. We were right next to the island when we made that announcement. I could have jumped overboard and swan there. *sigh* Watching it disappear behind us was just awful. I know that means we have to take another cruise now, so we can see it, but we are all afraid this happens more than we know, and perhaps cruising is more of a roll of the dice than we thought? In the end, it was a great cruise, we loved having a whole week with our extended family, and we would recommend the Glory.

Balcony

Cabin 8D

Loved it. The Husband was spoiled with a junior suite on the Sensation, and this balcony was just a bit smaller. However, I feel it fit the three of us just fine. Plenty of closet space (1 for each of us), the bathroom was big enough to keep everything without having to hand anything from the door, and the drawers were perfect. The Glory had only one outlet for the entire room, so I was happy I brought my outlet extension along (didn't need it on the Sensation). My parents did not know about such things, but their room steward was happy to supply an extension cord as a courtesy when they asked for one.

Port Reviews

Roatan

I wish so bad that I could l leave a great review here about Victor Bodden and Infinity Bay!!! We were REALLY looking forward to a day at the beach after a long day in Belize exploring ruins. Too bad our captain decided the Glory couldn't handle the waves. Especially disappointing after we learned other ships docked there that day. :-(

Find a Carnival Glory Cruise from $394