3. Carnival Breeze
My 18 year old daughter and I went on our first cruise and it was fantastic! It was full of fun and adventures the whole way through. Getting on the ship was a breeze. We were told to arrive an hour late which we did. The only annoying part was that we were sent through the supposedly late line for arriving an hour later as asked. The line was long, but it moved really quick and was easy as could be. We went to the Lido to eat (food was ok), then headed to our room. The room was nice and clean and our 'obstructed view' was really great! Our cabin steward whom we met later, was Steven and he was really nice. He kept our room clean and provided whatever we needed when asked. First night at dinner was a tad confusing because my parents chose 6pm and we chose anytime dining. We all decided that 6pm would be better and after talking to the Saphire head waiter, we were given a table together at Blush. ( we all wished we could have stayed in Saphire, but they could only accommodate us in the Blush. This worried me the first evening due to the increased motion at the back of the ship which is where the Blush is located. Although I felt a little queasy that first night, we all were fine. Our waiters were super nice and seemed to work their tails off. The portions are small (especially the appetizers), but we were able to order as many as we liked and they were all very tasty. I personally thought all the food was outstanding in the dining room. We did eat in the Steakhouse one night and it was the best food I have ever eaten! Guy's burgers were my parents favorite and we didn't get a chance to try anything else. Entertainment was awesome! The comedy in the limelight was super fun and incredibly crowded. I wish the venue was bigger because it became something we wanted to do, but showing up an hour early to get a seat seems ridiculous. The stage shows were great! The one the first night was not that great, but all the rest were pretty fantastic. Some of the singers are incredible and some are eh, but the overall performances, lighting, and technical aspects were really cool. The casino was lots of fun and the deck parties run by the cruise director Schwartz were great as well. Ports-Montego Bay Jamaica- Daughter and her grandpa went to Mayfield Falls and ziplines. My daughter loved it but my dad wasn't so impressed. The van ride was about 1.5 hours away. Apparently it was hot and the van had no shocks so it was a very bumpy uncomfortable ride. My mom and I tried to do the 'hop on/hop off' tour, but they closed it at 12:15 or so (right when we got there). We didn't know anything about a time limit and we weren't leaving port until 5 so this was really annoying. There were a few shops with pushy people but nothing else close so back to the ship we went. Grand Cayman was stunningly beautiful. We didn't do much there but walk the beach and go in some shops. Cozumel was my favorite place because we swam with dolphins. It was incredible. We were originally booked to do this at Chakanaub Park but due to 'operational' difficulties we were changed to Dolphinaris. This was worrisome, but the staff at Dolphinaris did an amazing job of accommodating all of us and it was a wonderful experience. The whole trip was an adventure that I want to do again ASAP! The staff everywhere were incredibly nice and accommodating. Side note: I am part of the 'friends of bill' and was disappointed the first day when no one showed up. But on a whim I went again later in the week and met two awesome friends. It was a treat!

First time cruise, wonderful ship and crew

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Sariyadc

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

Sariyadc’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)
Cabin 4J 9201
Being at the front of the boat, there was quite a bit of movement, but it was relaxing more than anything. Room is smaller, but the window looks out onto the observation deck that hardly ever had people on it. It was awesome!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins