Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ShakAttack

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

We are not regular cruisers, and I remembered why in the middle of a 7 night Carribean cruise on the enormous Allure. The amount of people all trying to use limited space, especially pool decks and the buffet dining, was overwhelming. You would think the ship would implement better management to enhance customer experiences. The shows, Aquaria, Mama Mia, and Blue Planet were amazing.

The biggest disappointment was overall customer service which was quite lacking. Our stateroom attendant and the specialty restaurant employees were very friendly and courteous. However, we had numerous problems with games in the Arcade not working at all, not working properly, or taking money for the game and not performing. The Casino manager in charge of the Arcades was rude, defensive, and dismissive. We also got tricked regarding the large prize we selected (was NOT as advertised). I also used the Spa where my technician using a "bait and switch" tactic for a facial product. She outright lied about the product she sold me (saying it was the exact same product). When I returned the product after realizing what happened, another spa employee lied again (a simple google search shows the active ingredients which were totally different). That employee was nasty but did provide a refund. Another cruise guest approached me after this encounter and said they did the same thing to her.

I expected things to be brighter and more spectacular and more modern/updated. I especially thought some employees could be more friendly and respectful. More importantly, I think the means to which the employees will go to sell a product/earn additional revenue was shameful.

ShakAttack's Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D8 11222

Had the basics, but couch should have folded out into a bed and it didn't.

ShakAttack