3. Britannia
Love the transatlantic crossings, as you get time to relax on the sea days. Loved some of the talks, particularly ones by Dr Ken MacTaggart. Absolutely loved Peter Piper, J'Adele, and Pete Matthews (I was on Stage!) Some of the waiters in the Live Lounge were just not interested in bringing the drinks ordered, which was exceptionally disappointing. The meals and buffet I think were noticeably 'cheap' and a smaller selection than previous P&O cruises. The layout of the new ship is unbelievably poor with the up and down decks and only port and starboard side to get certain places. P&O try and take every opportunity to extract more money out of you at every turn! If things continue the way they are you might end up paying to go to the buffet. (They will then confiscate food brought on board!) Who puts the gym on the side of the ship, so that when you are running everything is going left to right in front of you! One shower in the gym changing room, seriously P&O? Well clearly very seriously, as there were no towels in the changing rooms to get dry with, another first with any cruise ship I have been on. 50% of the washing machines were out of action and 3 treadmills too, that I know about. The new 'no alcohol' Policy sucks, but I guess they are just getting in line with other lines. The webcam was turned off for many sea days, just showing Bosch instead. I like to use this with muted sound to give an indication of the light outside and a simulated sunrise in the inside cabin. I don't know about the Costa, as it didn't taste like Costa, and I drink a lot of Costa coffee!! Some of the Bath towels were well past their best and overdue replacement. Not nice white and fluffy! I was left behind on a tour in Ponta Delgada!!! Great to have a glass shower door, but I do think a larger person will have problems with the way it opens. It still leaks, but there are none of the normal drain holes on the bathroom floor, so it just floods. The Headliners have usually be absolutely fantastic, but had to walk out a few times this cruise as they were disappointing. All that said I did have a very relaxing holiday and none of the above really spoiled things, it was just not expected, particularly from their current flagship. Finally a first for everyone... Because of the Portuguese dock workers strike we were apparently the first ever ship to Tender at Ponta Delgarda!! All very well managed by P&O at the last minute - Well done!

Not as impressive a flagship ship as she should have been...

Britannia Cruise Review by TheWaterDoc

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
Love the transatlantic crossings, as you get time to relax on the sea days.

Loved some of the talks, particularly ones by Dr Ken MacTaggart.

Absolutely loved Peter Piper, J'Adele, and Pete Matthews (I was on Stage!)

I was left behind on a tour in Ponta Delgada!!!

TheWaterDoc’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin C212
Cabin Decor and TV were excellent, although in 11 cruises this is the first time I have not been able to look at my account on the room TV. Apparently, this is because the system is so new!!!

The ensuite smelt like a public toilet all the time and the shower was completely blocked on arrival.

Very comfy bed and a quiet room made for quality sleep