3. Norwegian Epic
Wow, what a great cruise! I sailed with my wife, 16-year-old daughter, her best friend and another couple in a total of 3 cabins. We embarked on March 24th and arrived back at Port Canaveral this morning a very tired group. Embarkation was very quick. We arrived at10:30, spent about 10 minutes getting our sea cards and the rest of the time waiting for our group to be called at 11:30. Overall, the food on the ship was fabulous. Our favorite meals were at La Bistro and Shanghai’s. Cagney’s was pretty good, but I don’t understand all of the hype I have been reading. The restaurant itself was amazing, but the food was about a 7 out 10. I got the porterhouse and my wife got the filet which were both about the quality you might get at outback. O’Sheehan’s was a very cool place to be as far as atmosphere, but the food was definitely on the lesser side of our favorites. They seem to have a bad habit of bringing out cold food that would probably be very good if it were hot. Service was also very hit or miss, mostly miss. We ate at Cirque Dreams and had a very nice meal here, especially considering it being “show food” and coming out all at once for the entire restaurant. The show itself was amazing. The food on all of the buffets was always fresh and very tasty. We also had a sushi snack at Wasabi’s and was very impressed. Entertainment on the ship was some of the better we have ever seen. All of the theatre shows were worth seeing. We became groupies of “Siglo” who plays everything from contemporary rock to classic rock and are spot on with all of the songs they sing. Unfortunately, this was there farewell week on the Epic and they are on a plane right now to Germany to become the headliner on the Bliss. I would book my next cruise just to see these guys, they were that good. The band even helped me with a customized souvenir by autographing a broken bass drum. Epic Beatles is definitely worth seeing as is Howl at the Moon. We did not do the comedy club, but I heard it was great. During sea days, the pool is VERY busy and the Epic does not have a lot of hidden areas like you see on many cruise ships to get away from the crowd. I was told when we checked in at the port that our sailing had the second most number of passengers ever, so that did not help the crowd issue. The pool bars do become very busy but if you tip the bartenders and the waiters bringing drinks, they will definitely pay you more attention. If we sail again on the Epic, we’ll most likely upgrade to the Haven to be guaranteed a place to get away from the crowd. Our 16 year olds were not impressed with the teen club. That being said, all of the younger teens we spoke with loved it. Ours are just the age where they want to meet new people and "hang out", which was mostly done by the pool. The feedback from both of them was an awesome cruise. Overall, We really liked the Epic and would sail again. If you have specific questions, comment below and I’ll do my best to answer them.

Great cruise for those that want to have some fun.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by seadooken

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD 12047
We were in one of the infamous balcony rooms with the weird bathroom layout. We actually liked our room. The bathroom layout makes for a bit of extra space in the room. There were only 2 of us and I would not recommend more than that due to the “privacy” issue. The biggest drawback to the layout was when flushing the toilet (they are vacuum toilets and loud) would wake up my wife because there is not a solid door to block the noise. I read a lot of complaints about the shorter beds before we sailed and was a bit nervous. Had I not read the complaints, I most likely would not have even noticed the shorter bed.

The location of this cabin was good as far as access to the elevators and stairs. The only drawback is when looking out of the balcony you are staring at the tops of the lifeboats, I would have preferred a more uninterrupted view of the ocean, but it was not a big deal.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins