3. Emerald Princess
Last thing on our bucket list after travelling for 49 years.. First time to do Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru and Nicaragua. Unfortunately on this cruise we had too many things on board that we have become accustomed to on our previous 30 day cruises that have now been removed or declined in quality. I certainly hope that Princess will read and react to my post cruise survey, where I tried to tell them what had gone wrong and also what they had done right.. On the positive side, all of the staff did an excellent job in everything before the cruise and on embarkation. 99.9% of the ship staff, from the Captain to Maintenance, did an excellent job and I laud them for their efforts and performance. However, on the negative side, Princess has removed their "happy hour" at 4:00 pm and 10:00 pm, you must get into the Princess Theatre at least 45 minutes prior to early show time to get a seat together, the dinner menu repeats after the first 15 day segment of the cruise, food flavour and taste in the anytime dining room has deteriorated, at dinner we were presented with Cornish hen when we had ordered pheasant (when they thought we would not know the difference), I did not receive a call back from the Cruise Director after a written complaint regarding an insulting entertainer that I had presented to the desk, guest entertainers ranged from spectacular to terrible. To add to this poor experience some stupid, selfish souls came on board with coughs and colds, and despite several hints from the staff regarding hygiene, by the time the cruise was over I would say 50% of the ship was sick. Most coughing and sneezing. We were both sick so we had to miss out on playing bridge on sea days and could not share a table at dinner so as not to spread the virus any more. No, I there was not any talk about Norwalk. To cap it all off, US Immigration at Los Angeles was terrible. We were scheduled off the ship at 8:15 am. We finally cleared immigration at 10:45 am. Fortunately we did not have anearly flight to catch or we would likely have missed it - Note NOT Princess fault.

Emerald Princess going downhill fast

Bad 9t9’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IA B421
Everything good as expected. Cabin Attendant was terrific.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins