Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by leeb1951

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

As the title suggest, this cruise was made for my wife and I. It was our 4th Caribbean cruise and by an amazing coincidence, all six ports of call would be new to us. It's not so easy finding a cruise with all new destinations every time you sail.

You will note from the overall rating above stops at "very good," and just one aspect stopped me from making it "excellent."

The cruise from the very start and almost to the end was without any criticism, until disembarkation. I'm sorry to say that Royal Caribbean's intention to get that number of guests off of the ship in their planned time is, to be kind, extremely over-ambitious. They had a staged process in place but in the end the queues to get off, and then through passport control were horrific,

That said, I cannot emphasise enough that everything else about the cruise was outstanding. My wife and I were debating which line is our favourite between Royal Caribbean and Princess, and up until the shambolic disembarkation, we really couldn't split them.

You will note that I haven't rated some of the categories below. It is in no way a derogatory comment, just that we didn't use the facility.

I would still recommend Royal Caribbean if somebody asked what I thought of them, just warn then that leaving at the end of your cruise could be easier.

leeb1951's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E1 7568

I have a theory that every single stateroom, on every single ship, has been designed by the same person because the similarity is remarkable. That isn't a negative comment because the efficient use of space is to be applauded. The bed was king size and of very high quality, the storage space was very, very good and while it could have been a little larger, the shower room/WC was perfectly adequate, once again with ample storage for his and hers toiletry items. Last, and perhaps most significant, the large patio doors to the balcony give a wonderful impression of space and light. We lived in this cabin for 11 nights and we were very comfortable.

Island tour

Spent a most pleasant few hours with a knowledgeable and entertaining driver/guide.

View All 293 Island tour Reviews
Island Tour

This one was actually a motor boat cruise from Castries to The Pitons. Boat crew were a lot of fun and very informative of many features along the trip.

View All 300 Island Tour Reviews
Atlantis Submarine

Well organised, educational and like the majority of Eastern Caribbean people, entertaining as well as informative. Highly recommend this one.

View All 26 Atlantis Submarine Reviews
Grenada

The port was pleasant enough and the locals were nice enough as well, However, there really isn't too much to do or see in the vicinity of the port. Beware of the Sendall Tunnel, which we were told is a pedestrian zone. It most certainly isn't and people and vehicles are made to get way too close to each other.

Catamaran Sail

If you asked me for the highlight of the entire cruise, this day would easily make the top three for us. In all honestly, my wife and I weren't entirely sure that this excursion was right for us. It turned out to be a brilliant day and a huge amount of fun. It had to be to see an old codger like me attempting to dance to reggae. Nothing to think about. If the option of this tour is on offer, take it!!!!

View All 123 Catamaran Sail Reviews