3. Navigator of the Seas
I live in south Florida so I came straight to the ship from home. I was supposed to get priority check in. Instead there was an hour and a half of a snaking line to navigate at the port of Miami. First time on Navigator of the sea. First visit to Curacao and Bonaire. The food in the dining room was very very bland and repetitive. There was an over emphasis on the staff trying to sell speciality restaurants, We ate dinner in the Sapphire dining room every night. Breakfast and lunch was either at the buffet or Cafe promenade. The ice cream at the buffet and in the dining room had ice chips. The frozen yogurt left much to be desired, The after dinner offerings in the theater was not up to the standard I have come to expect from Royal Caribbean. There seemed to be an attempt to save money by using the same group of singers and dancers several nights. While there was individual talent the shows lacked diecction and cohesiveness. Parts of the ice show was very well done but having been a fan of ice dancing for years, some of it lacked professionalism, The headline shows seemed to be the B team of performers. I don’t think magic shows are entertaining. The same for jugglers, If I wanted circus entainiment I would not get on a cruise ship. I took tours on three islands. None of them was worth the money. Kayaking tour on Labadee turned out to be a fast paddle to a beach clearing where Haitian men kept trying to sell the same junky trinkets. There was nothing worth buying but I bought junk anyway just to contribute to the Haitian economy, Poverty is hell. In Bonaire the tour consisted of a fast ride around the island in a van with non working air conditioning. We were taken to see salt. Some very small slave huts and a lizard up a tree. None of this was very interesting. The tour in Curacao consisted of two stops, one was a lookout which was more about a store front selling trinkets and charging $ 1 if You needed to use the rest room, The other stop was to the Curacoa liquors factory. Very small operation that you can walk through in 5 minutes, The museum there was a misnomer . It was a shabby old house consisting of old pots and pans with nothing labeled an any way. I traveled with a friend who usually go cruising with me. We did not purchase any of the special restaurants meals. Sine the coffee in the dining areas were unprintable I had to visite the coffee bar to bug a decent cup of coffee twice a day, Navigator of the Sea is a novelty ship. However after sailing on Oasis class ships this one lacked some of the facilities such as a merry go round gut I knew that going in so I was not disappointed by this. I was however very disappointed that the water in the pools was so cold the entire cruise that I did not go in the pool even once. Most people did not do so either. Surely RC can have a heated pool available.

Very disappointing

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by FlTrini

RC can have a heated pool available.
FlTrini’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Cabin was typical Royal Caribbean cabin. Was not surprised by the tiny size. The balcony overlooked the ocean. The two chairs and table on the balcony were comfortable enough for reading and relaxing away from the crowds at the pool and busy promenade.The room attendant, Anthony was very cordia; and made up the room as expected. We made no special requests of him.
Distance from the cabin to the elevator provided much needed exercise.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans