3. Viking Sun
Always wanted to see Italy. Been to France, Germany, aAmsterdam, Switzerland, Great Britain. I had already been on a River cruise up the Rhine and liked it very much. Viking offers the elements that are important to me. Trip to the departure port was very long and tiring though. No direct flight. Changed planes 3x. Cabin ok. Comfortable beds. Dining very creative. Especially liked the Italian restaurant. Food was good. Service excellent. Excursions excellent but little time to shop. Also shops closed in afternoon which added to problem of little time to shop. Excursion to the farmhouse where we helped make the pasta was the best!! We were lucky to have another excursion where we ate home cooked Italian food. I would love to go to Italy again but the plane trip is just too much for me. I have been on many cruises but Viking Cruises are the best. A little pricey but worth it. Thank you for such an enjoyable and memorable time. The entertainment crew were very good. Especially liked the Beatles night as I am a BIG fan of Paul McCartney. Also, my daughter was with me and she fell during an excursion and was very sore afterward. The tour guide reported it to the ship personnel. I was upset that no one contacted us from the ship just to see if she was ok.

Cruise around Italy

Viking Sun Cruise Review by Lindas2

Lindas2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

• Culinary Tour
    Wonderful experience with an Italian family. Learned how to roll out pasta. Ate an authentic Italian meal and enjoyed the culture and scenery
    View All 2 Culinary Tour Reviews