3. Carnival Inspiration
We chose a 4 day to Catalina and Ensenada since this was our first time as a family of 6 and wasn’t sure what to expect. We booked 2 cabins next door to each other on the Riviera deck (4) so the kids (13, 7, 4, and 4) could be close to us. The embarkation process went smoothly. We purchased FTTF for both rooms. We didn’t need it because we arrived around noon and it wasn’t crowded but on the way out it helps avoid the lines. Either way I will always purchase it since you enjoy other perks like no line at the info desk, and no lines when getting on the tender to go to Catalina. Also, if there’s a long line to exit through customs be sure to grab a porter and he will avoid the line completely and get you right through. That was well worth $10! We had the most amazing head waiter named Arwin. We have some allergies and he was always very accommodating with a smile on his face. He was so nice that one of my twins got teary eyed the morning we left when he found out he wouldn’t be seeing him again. The food was good. There’s a lot of complaints on this site but honestly I am pretty picky and I liked the food. If there was something I didn’t like I just ordered something else! The burgers at Guys were really good. I only had it once and both my husband and I wished we had it more but we had so many other things to try. Their burritos and taco salads were delicious. Steak, shrimp, roasted corn, grilled onions, the works! Don’t eat the tacos. Not good. Even the buffet is decent. I had potato leek soup one day that was delish! I’m gluten sensitive and they did have gluten free bread, buns and pizza but they weren’t good but I was fine with all the other options they had. The kids loved the water slides, pool, and hot tub. The kids club was also a hit for movie watching and making new friends. We enjoyed craft cocktails at the Alchemy bar and there was never a wait. I think it helped that we were traveling mid week during spring break. The comedy club was fun as others mentioned and hubby won a little money in the casino. Overall, I would recommend this cruise for a nice easy getaway at a reasonable price. If you keep your expectations low you will be blown away.

Wonderful service and fun activities!

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Funmomof4

Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6D R200
Beds really are comfortable like others mentioned. Service was great. I never came to the room during housekeeping and it was always clean when I returned! Plenty of towels, great shower pressure and quite roomy. The vent was hard to close but after the first freezing night I called and someone came and closed the vents tight. Problem solved!
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins