3. Carnival Fascination
Ok, first off let me say that both me and my boyfriend (23, 26) are first time cruisers. I also read a lot of reviews, and posts on the boards before I went (he did not) so I was incredibly prepared. Overall, I enjoyed myself and plan on getting back on a boat ASAP, as for him, not so much (it has nothing to do with Carnival, he just decided cruising was not for him) First, embarkation went extremely well. We were not VIP. However, as we were checking in a security guard asked if we would help run a test and we agreed. After they ran the tests, they put us in VIP. We got there around 11 and got on the ship at 11:45. We had an oceanview stateroom on the riviera level and loved it! I liked having the window (except for when we were feeling the motion). The water was incredibly choppy for most of the cruise, so we rested a lot in our room, and found it comfortable and provided enough room. Our steward was great, although I do not remember his name. He always had the room cleaned and our cooler filled with ice. The MDR staff was the best part about the cruise (I also forget their names)! Our waiter and his assistant were incredibly attentive and made the experience great! We also had great tablemates. Carnival did a great job matching us up with people. We actually ended up hanging out with our tablemates (there were 8 of us all together) several times outside of dinner through out the cruise! It was too cold to enjoy the lido, but we did hit up the buffet there and the coconut grill a few times and it was just fine, nothing special but definitely not horrible. We also did not attend many activities on the boat, as there were tons of football games on, so we hung out at the casino bar watching them, and playing in the casino. We did watch the performance of Hey Mambo the first night, and did not like it. New Years Eve was great! Carnival did a wonderful job making the evening special for everyone. There was free champagne, music, lights, hats, noisemakers and a party. Debarkation went smoothly. We were in the car by 8:30 am. We didnt do much on the ship the whole time, layed around a lot (since the weather was not to great), and watched a alot of football and movies. However, I had a great time on my first cruise and am already planning my second!

New Years Eve Cruise 12/31

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by av4cruisin

av4cruisin’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

• Freeport
    The best part for us (other than the NYE party) was the ports. First we went to Freeport where we did the Dolphin swim. It was totally worth it. We took a bus over to the main building, then a boat to the area with the dolphins. There was another group with us doing a dolphin encounter, but they didnt get to swim like we did. The dolphins were great, and I found that we had plenty of time with them! Although the water was freezing, and the end got cut off by a thunder storm, it was the best part of our cruise! I recommend this!
    View All 1,356 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    We also went to Atlantis and loved it. We got their at about 10 and left around 3:30. It was windy but doable. We loved the slides and the (not so) lazy river! A lot of people have complained about the food they provide through the ticket. I did not think it was horrible. Yes, it is a lot of fried stuff, but all of the food there is. We didnt see the casino, but it looked nice. We spent most of our time on the lazy river and exploring the huge resort! Definitely worth it! After Atlantis, we shopped around a bit. Then we went to Senor Frogs ( a little to noisy for us), but they did have a very tasty bahama mama!
    View All 5,989 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews