A travellors we wanted to try the Caribbean & I would confirm this was not a great introduction I feel I must start with the bad. While booking our cruise I completed an accessibility & Medical Assistance ( 4 pages ) form as my Father In law ( 84 )was coming with us. As you can guess nothing was provided. We flew from Gatwick to Bridgetown Barbados with transfers to the ship, I arranged a wheelchair at Gatwick, also at Bridgetown to the coach & to the ship also a wheelchair on board. The holiday was Barbados sailing to St lucia, St Kitts, Antigua 5 days at sea, Ponta Delgada in the azores & 3 days to Southampton. Due to Hurricanes in 2017 this changed to returning to Barbados to resupply & 8 days at sea to Southampton which was not amusing. At St Lucia My wife & I went Quad biking with ATV & it was fantastic. At St Kitts My wife went Kayaking/Snorkling & my Father In Law & I went with a Land rover Island Tour & Beach break. Firstly the sea was so rough the Kayak excursion should have been cancelled, my wife a strong swimmer ended in the sea & had to be rescued. the beach we went to, a mixture of sand & volcanic ash with a slope to the seas edge & with each step you sank & fell into the sea. My Father In law tried, but strong waves just turned him over. The aforementioned is relevant as on arriving home he was rushed into Torbay hospital with bad stomach pains ( Trachia Virus ) & my wife with a bad cough to the doctors ( Essex ) & both given antibiotics. A week later while writing this review my wife still coughing & Father In law is contacting the paramedics again. Back to Azura. We dined in the buffet for breakfast & lunch & the Meridian Restaurant for dinner. The buffet was good standard fair & the Restaurant food & service Excellent. Whilst on board we took advantage of the Brunch & Galley tour. we toured the galleys speaking to the Chefs & staff. From the Meridian after the galleys we collected the freshly prepared starter then Dinner & followed with dessert. an amazing experience. Being a retired engineer & Father In Law a retired LLoyds Registry Ship Surveyor gave us an insight into maintenance issues. we initially noted water stains on a foreward carpet, ceiling tiles in the theatre were water stained & at a guess longer than 12 months old. Leaving the ship noted 3/4 large rust patches starboard side just painted over. Deck 15 ladies toilets no paper & bins full even though 2 men in whites looked after adjacent mens & ladies. Ash trays on deck 15 on 4 occasions left full all day. Our balcony port side had rust spots, though father in Laws on starboard side was clear. This ship cannot be far from refit. In conclusion the Meridian restaurant waiters & cabin stewards for B101 & B218 are a credit to P & O Azura. Remember if you holiday in the Caribbean, Do Not Drink The Sea Water.

P & O Azura Cruise

Azura Cruise Review by Travellors

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Back to Azura.

Remember if you holiday in the Caribbean, Do Not Drink The Sea Water.
Travellors’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azura price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin JB B101
Size is basic obviously for ship size. Chairs need replacing. small tears in fabric. last cruise was Celebrity Equinox & balconies were much bigger.
  Azura Deck Plans