Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review
3,695 Reviews

Not for me, but good experience

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisingisjustbetter

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

This was a great family vacation. We were traveling with a 9year old and a 10 year old as well as a 17 and 19 year old and it was a good way for everyone to have a good time in their own way.

This ship itself was gorgeous, it was updated and unique, and was open. However due to its large size, it could fit a lot of people, over 5000. This made it quite crowded. I have never waited in so many lines in my life-- especially not on a cruise ship! It was difficult to get around without bumping into somebody, and near impossible to find a free deck chair by the pool.

The entertainment was as usual amazing. The aqua show at the AquaTheatre is a MUST WATCH as it is breathtaking.

The food was mediocre as I find Royal Caribbean's usually is. But the service was great and our server was personable and friendly. Something I have to bring up that I disliked was at the end of the cruise, the maitre'D interrupted our dinner to have everyone give a standing ovation to the staff. Not once, but twice. I am all for giving the amazing servers the recognition they deserve, but it was extremely tactless to have everyone stand up and give a show for 5-10 mins while they are trying to eat their meals.

Overall, not my favourite cruise. Good for the family but not for me.

cruisingisjustbetter's Full Rating Summary

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Often not clean, it seemed as though the attendant made the bed, replaced the towels, and that was it. Found crumbs under my bed from the previous travelers.

Arawak Aqua Park

Very fun and didn't shove a lot of people in at once!

View All 70 Arawak Aqua Park Reviews
Falmouth

Didn't get off the ship as we have been to this port before and didn't like the harrassment of the vendors

Cozumel

Rented a car and went around the island. Lots of fun! Bring cash as a lot of places don't accept debit/credit.

cruisingisjustbetter