Ventura Cruise Review

The worst cruise we have ever been on

Ventura Cruise Review by 1johnrob1

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower

we picked the ventura because we had been on this ship severals years ago and all was ok,

the day we set sail from southampton it soon became clear there was something very wrong the ship was performing like a row boat it was rolling side to side very badly and as we were on the top deck it seemed even worse for us .

i got talking to a engineer the 2nd night out at 2am because i could not sleep and he told me the stabilizers were not operating properly. hence 35 nights of no sleep being thrown from pillar to post not a good experience at all , one of the nights it was so bad that i got flung in to the corner of the bathroom wall and split the top of my eye open right to the bone.

The ship was completely full because two other ships of p&o were completely unfit to sail as i think the ventura was, hench it was chaos on that ship lifts always full people coughing on you,both my wife and i got bad flue,in bed for 3-4 days, in the buffet dinning room it was crowded all the time pushing and shoving, one of the staff told me there were 2 old ladies trying to hit each other, it was total madness.

I went on the internet for 2 mins and noticed a £16-25 price tab and rang down to complain,the liberian called gennifer just rang me up and said come down and i will show you that you were on for 25 mins, so i went down and all i got was a load of abuse and the lady behind me said that was her complaint as well, after getting to the customer service manager he checked and said sorry the computer was not logging people out this all tuck 2 days and a lot of phone calls lucky this manager called chai was very good at his job. The toilet in the cabin was out of action 4 times the tv kept going of, the air con gave every one a sore throat 1 man told me he had to put a wet towel around every night we were lucky we had a balcony we just left the door open, to top it all off the ship started listing about 30 degrees to the port and all the staff could that there were to many fat people on the port side , it has taken us both 2 weeks to get over this nightmare .

We travel every year from portsmouth to bilbao on a ferry and have had some rough seas but never ever been tossed about as much. THAT SHIP SHOULD HAVE NEVER SET SAIL. P&O SHOULD REFUND EVERY PASSENGER.

1johnrob1's Full Rating Summary