3. Norwegian Epic
Pros: Beautiful ship, staff in boarding terminal was friendly and efficient, Bed was comfortable, Shower had good water pressure, Haven deck beautiful view and well laid out, Getting on and off was easy enough, the closet was way bigger than I thought it would be. That’s it, the rest of it ranged from mediocre to terrible. Cons (in order they were experienced): -First thing we did was try to get a drink, it happened eventually and without any courtesy from staff (this would be the tone the rest of the trip). It was at deck 15 bar before embarking. It said they would stop serving alcohol an hour before muster but hey stopped serving almost two hours before that. We got one drink. Many people who surrounded us got zero drinks. -Staff at shops (deck 5 I believe, maybe 7) acting like flea market ppl waving us down and yelling at us to look at their wares. When I didn’t understand immediately that a woman at the jewelry counter wanted me to enter a raffle she belittled me by saying I needed to “stay in the moment” with her. -Every single person above the age of 21 has the drink package. You may not have to pay for your drinks but the wait for each drink (including while dining) was never less than fifteen minutes and that was a quick one. Getting them to serve you took me back fifteen years to my clubbing days where there was a crowd two deep around the bar all wanting the bartenders attention cash out only in this case it was cards. It was the worst part of the trip. My husband gave up trying to drink after day two, wasn’t worth the hassle. It’s obviously a purposeful way to understaff the bars so they aren’t giving as much alcohol away. -It took forever to get our luggage, we had already disembarked. Wanted to enjoy leaving port but unwilling to leave my luggage in unattended in a hallway. -Dined that night at Shanghai (I think it was called). One of only two waiters who actually tried to do a good job at this place. Drinks came from different wait staff, took forever. Apps are all super small portions, I don’t think the calamari was calamari. Our two main dishes didn’t taste bad but our local Chinese please is wayyyyyyy better. They put the silverware directly on their trays and on the tables. Big no no in restaurant world, should have been on napkin. -after that we gambled, casino reeks of smoke everywhere, there is no wait staff that waits on those gambling. We only played a couple games because they were all old and dingy. -Breakfast was nothing to get excited about, again had better free breakfast at hotels. -We didn’t go to private island, too cold and I heard the service there was even worse. We sunned for awhile in haven area and that was the only relaxing parts of the trip. We managed to flag one server down on the haven deck. BTW throwing extra cash tips around meant nothing, they never came back to check on us and we were throwing 5s and 10s around. - After that went to irish bar/restaurant and had the second good service of the trip there. He actually brought us two of our drinks at a time and said we paid for the drink package we might as well get it. I think he’ll probably be fired soon for that, again the whole drink package is a scam, what good is it if you can’t get drinks?! It took forever for the food though. The adjacent bowling alley was never open. Food was obviously all prepared ahead of time and microwaved. The bangers and mash were left over breakfast sausages I saw on the buffet that morning. -We stayed in the room and watched movies that night. The weather was terrible and a pg comedy show is not for us. We watched movie channel and got room service. Wasn’t that bad, Italian sandwich and spaghetti. Sandwich was fine but no condiments, his spaghetti was meaty n okay, and I got a greek salad, other than the lettuce being warm it was fine. Another health no no in the restaurant world is everything that is supposed to be cold is to be kept on ice or changed out every twenty minutes if I remember correctly. That for sure didn’t happen. Asking for bottled water is an act of congress. The TV is angled so badly that if your laying in bed and the movie has a dark scene you cannot see what’s happening at all. There are ice buckets in the room but no vending machine. -housekeeping took our half full lotion bottle and didn’t replace it. Didn’t put a top sheet back on when they made the bed. Just comforter on top. The shampoo provided was terrible, glad I brought my own. -Went back to irish bar for dinner. Wait time was over thirty minutes. We waited, we gave up on drinking. After seating took forever for appetizers and then the food later on to come out. Because we ordered both at the same time I was sure they were going to come at same time. It wasn’t just us, everyone was waiting forever. It’s all premade, I have no earthly idea what takes so long to expedite it. -Nassau is gross and a complete tourist trap. After making our way through the gauntlet of tour guides and hair braiders and perusing all the knick knacks that were made in china, we turned around and went back to the ship. -So I won a token from coin dozer machine to trade in for a free bottle of sparkling wine. I turned it in our last night. After waiting patiently at the bar for my turn he sees the token and just pulls a room temperature sparkling wine and hands it to me. Doesn’t open it, doesn’t offer glasses. I’ve opened many bottles of champagne so I didn’t have any problem with that but I asked for a couple glasses and he ignored me so I just went behind the bar myself and grabbed them and walked away. I was 100% over it at that point. -Got room service last night as well because again we were over it. Ordered a pizza and a salad and they brought mayo and mustard? Where was that for my sandwich earlier in the trip? Basically everything was a little to a lot off. All of the little problems I would have happily ignored if we had only gotten to eat and drink when we wanted. All we wanted was to relax and everything was so trying that we came back from vacation more stressed out. We weren’t the only ones complaining, tons of people were. One couple we talked to a few times had just been on a NCL out of Miami a few months before and said everything was great and night and day different. They weren’t having any fun either. The one thing I’ll say is that it was spring break and every sorority girl and frat boy from florida, Georgia, and alabama were on the ship. Another guest commented that the staff hated spring breakers and that’s why they weren’t giving their all. How that is my fault I don’t know. spring break didn’t just get invented and I didn’t get this trip for free, why should we be punished because they are annoyed? I would not recommend to anyone.

Want to have fun?! This cruise ISN'T for you!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by sweetdee88

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

That’s it, the rest of it ranged from mediocre to terrible.

Cons (in order they were experienced):

I would not recommend to anyone.
sweetdee88’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 11211
It was what I expected.Big closet but tv was almost unwatchable. One bed slid everytime hubby got into it.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins