• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

travellers 2x2
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2018
Cabin:

My husband and I chose this cruise specifically to see the Northern Lights which we did. Embarkation was not very well organised. We chose to disembark early which meant we had to take our own luggage off the ship.This worked well for us as we were off the ship within 1/2 of berthing.

All ports of call were exceptional with excellent weather.

We didn't do any shore excursions with the ship as they were overpriced. We usually went to the visitors centre at each port and booked activities with them which were usually private or with only 1 other couple. Ship shore excursions had full busses of passengers and they generally run to a schedule where a private company gave us a lot more flexability and value for money

Cabin cat 11

We booked and paid for cabin no 7055. on the 3rd night there was a burst water pipe above our room and our room was flooded. We were asked to move in the middle of the night which I refused to do. We were shown a room the next morning (7173), which I said I wasn't happy with due to its .location on the ship, but were't given another choice so we reluctantly took it. That was a big mistake as on day 1 of being in the room it was filled with fuel fumes. During the second night our air conditioner stopped working. We went to reception in the morning to tell them our room was freezing as the air conditioner wasn't and we were told to get another blanket if we were cold. We both developed head colds due to the freezing room. We went to reception the next day to again complain and it still didn't get fixed. We were sick of being brushed off so we didn't bother complaining again as it fell on deaf ears. We couldn't spend any time in our room away from all the other passengers on the cruise.

7 Helpful Votes