We like to tease ourselves with a cruise in February or March to escape the cold weather in Missouri, so we booked this cruise last spring. After reading some of the reviews over the past 9 months I was a little concerned about the ship but that was all unfounded. The Veendam is a wonderful ship and I actually enjoyed it a little more that some of Holland America's larger ships as I didn't have to walk so far. The food on the ship was very good and the cabin was also good. We started off with 2 sea days but then we were in port at St. Thomas, St. Barts, St. Lucia, St. Johns (Antigua) and St. Croix all in a row. Then another sea day and HMC along with the Nieuw Amsterdam. With a second ship at HMC, it was little crowded, but we tendered ashore for a couple of hours and then went back to the ship. The personal on the ship were fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on this ship again.

Eastern Caribbean 3/7 -3/10

Hannibalnative’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Veendam price drops

Neptune Suite with Verandah
Cabin SA 005
Originally booked a SB "guarantee" but was upgraded to the SA. Cabin was very nice. It didn't have a desk and chair as some of the larger ships but I'm vacation so who needs one!
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins