3. Navigator of the Seas
We chose this cruise because of the date and itinerary. We were traveling with our older kids, in their 20s. Embarkation was OK, but it always feels a bit disappointing when there is no one to even great you as you walk on board. If you are a new cruiser, you don't really know where to go, what to do. There was no one on board as we walked in. We proceeded to the cabins as they were ready. The highlight of my cruise was my junior suite. I absolutely loved it. Our kids were in an Oceanview. The Navigator is looking a bit tired. It was my 3rd time on it. I am a diamond member on RCL but recently have mostly been sailing Celebrity. This cruise reminded me of why. What was most disappointing was the fact that in the afternoon, you can't get food anywhere, except the promenade cafe. Between 3:30 and 6:00 pm. So pizza, for which there is always a huge line up and they are constantly running out, or pre-done sandwiches. My daughter is Vegan and unlike our recent celebrity cruises, feeding her was a challenge. I asked if we could get a sandwich that would suit her, but we were told yes, but we would have to come back the next day for it…. Main dining room was also a challenge for her. On day 4 of 9, after I complained, we finally got them to acknowledge her diet. Drink service was slow. The first 3 nights we were never offered coffee or tea, and not until after dessert. On the 4th night, I said, I really like my coffee WITH my dessert. They brought it to me, but never offered anyone else. Service got better around day 6. I must say that I believe this was due to poor leadership from the head waiter. He was so unpleasant, and creepy that I can't imagine the staff working under his guidance. He would come to our table and hover, stand there, and really not helpful at all. Entertainment was good, the ports excellent. The staff at the front desk very helpful. our cabin attendant, was very moody and as a result, I reduced the tips. I rarely do so, but up until the very last minute, she was up and down. Disembarkation was a disaster, but this was due to issues in there terminal building. Although, I do hate being yelled at like a piece of cattle in the morning. It was really unpleasant. I know the staff does this day in, day out, but it's their job and the staff that would greet you as you got off the elevator were really rude. It's early, everyone is carrying stuff, it's the end of the vacation and being treated like this really takes away from the good vacation memory.

Great cruise itinerary, service could be a lot better.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Freedom46

We chose this cruise because of the date and itinerary.

We were traveling with our older kids, in their 20s.

Freedom46’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

We loved our cabin. Location was great, near the forward elevator. There was occasionally a bit of noise, but not really enough to disturb us. As this was spring break, there were lots of teens running around the ship and this was the cause of the noise.

The bathtub was amazing, bigger than the one I have at home. Balcony was quite big.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans