3. Carnival Pride
We chose this cruise because it was in driving distance from our home. Getting to the port and parking was a breeze! We had priority so embarkation was quick and easy as well. Our cabin was nice, however the fan was on constantly in the dressing area and was so loud I could not hear my husband talking to me as I was getting ready. The room steward, Ronito was excellent! On to the negatives... Yes, the first couple of days the weather was not the greatest, this can not be blamed on Carnival. However, I do feel like this trip should be an 8 day instead of a 7 day to give you time to get back to Baltimore without going so fast the whole boat is shaking. I have been on smaller ships that did not shake or vibrate as much as this one. We were traveling at about 24 knots most of the time. We ended up only going to the Dinning Room 3 or 4 nights, which is a shame because I enjoy the experience. This ship only has 1 main dinning room, which created long waits for both reserved and anytime dining. I'm not sure if the Dinning Room was understaffed or if it was a training issue, but the service was not up to par. The food also was not very good, it either came over-cooked, under-cooked, or ice cold. On this cruise we decided not to do any shore excursions, that was a big mistake! Port Canaveral- It cost $15 per person for a shuttle to Cocoa Beach, the highlight of which was breakfast at IHop and a round of mini-golf. I suggest skipping this area if it is not nice enough weather to go to the beach. Nassau was ok, we walked around town a bit, and visited the pirate museum. It is very expensive here (4 drinks =$50.00). Freeport - This port is a waste of time and money. You are stuck at the little port unless you want to pay $40 for a cab to the city that is 25 minutes away. All of the vendors have the exact same items and can be seen in 15 minutes. From what I understand of others that did the beach excursions, it is all pretty much the same beach just different packages. Overall, we are not sure will go back on this cruise.

Not the best cruise ever.

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by pristiane3775

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

On to the negatives...

Overall, we are not sure will go back on this cruise.
pristiane3775’s Full Rating Summary