3. Norwegian Dawn
This was my wife and myself, 10th cruise with N.C.L. and it simply didn't disappoint. As usual embarkation was an absolute breeze. A very smooth operation. Access to our cabin to unpack was swift so we could start our holiday as soon as possible. The cabin was spotlessly clean, and remained so for the cruise duration thanks to our fantastic cabin steward, Agus. A real gentleman. All cruise long, the food on board was the usual N.C.L. standard. First class. Not a single complaint on either temperature, quality, or service. The vast majority of the guests were from the U.S. and a very friendly mix of all age groups made for a very enjoyable holiday. We always get a great welcome in America. O.K. now to the main reason for the 5 star rating of this cruise. The entertainment. Without doubt, the best we've seen on any ship. The cruise director (Dingo Dave) certainly came up trumps here. Every theatre show was outstanding. The magician, the acrobats, the comedian (Landry) , the singers and the dancers. A standing ovation every night. The top show of the week was Elements. We've seen that show before and it was good, but this time it was out of this world. As good as a London West end performance. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. The final show of the week was Showdown. Again, a top quality (mock) singing competition. The comedian (Landry) did a one off adults only end of cruise performance. Very funny guy who didn't need to resort to swearing just to get a laugh, but be warned, it is most definitely adult humour. All the around ship entertainers were excellent. The piano man (Anthony Garcia), was exceptionally talented. The poolside band (Caribbean wave), the nghtclub band ( Manilla soul), all are worthy of a mention. On the final night Dingo Dave and the rest of the entertainment crew did the 1st ever trial of a new show called, The Movie Sketch Comedy Show. A resounding success. Bliss Nightclub was packed to capacity. All the destinations were very pleasant places to visit with a vast array of excursions to choose from, but we did hear that the taxi drivers in Honduras were very pushy for business to the guests who chose to explore on their own. It is a shame when that happens. It can be very intimidating for elderly guests. Our final port of call was Harvest Caye in Belize which we unfortunately had to miss because of high winds. The captain made the right call to abandon docking. It would have been very dangerous to try. At the end of the cruise, disembarkation should have been much quicker. All non U.S. citizens were told time and time again to go to the Aqua lounge to be checked by the immigration officials, but some guests either chose to ignore, or genuinely didn't understand the instructions to follow, and as a result, our disembarkation tour of Tampa and transfer to the airport just felt a bit rushed to start. To finish off, we'd just like to thank America for a lovely welcome, and holiday. Us Scots always get a great welcome, and to all N.C.L. staff, from the captain to the happy happy, washy washy stewards, we're already planning N.C.L. cruise number 11.

Excellent Western Caribbean cruise from Tampa.

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by aliandmarie

aliandmarie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 5527
Spotless, well kept. Steward, Agus, attentive to our needs . We didn't need to ask for anything as Agus had pre-anticipated our needs.
Position of room was the best yet. It was directly under the Casino and possibly due to this, had great sound proofing, never heard a sound. Also, it was close to the forward elevators (lifts), which are always the least used. We always use the inside cabins as they are cheaper and without a window it encourages you to go out and meet the other guests. The Stewards however, treat the guests and the rooms as if they are 1st class and they have the same square footage as the rooms with the window.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Segway Tour
    This was great. We've done this before in Nassau where the tour incorporated a history of the island. This one was all Segway. After a safety lesson we followed the staff to the light house, had a 10min talk about the Light House, then photos, then on to a NCL recognized Cafe. (Food not included in excursion, also not forced to stay at cafe). Also given a voucher for a taxi back to ship. Really enjoyed this, would recommend. (Advise good shoes. Feet can feel very hot as they don't move but toes must be covered).
    View All 28 Segway Tour Reviews
  • Dolphin Swim & Encounter
    Excellent!!! The Dolphin Sanctuary is used to dealing with 100 guests daily. On this day they had 8 cruise ships to deal with and some irritated guests and I'm sorry to say I was one of them. Apologies to the staff who dealt with the situation in a professional manner. The time we spent with the Dolphin was amazing. They were clearly well looked after. The staff were very knowledgeable about the Dolphins and their individual needs. The Dolphins appeared to be having as much fun as us. Food and drink is included in this excursion. As this was a surprise to us we enjoyed the food on offer. It is done buffet style. Soft drinks at the food court and a separate bar available AFTER you've swam with the dolphins. A GREAT EXPERIENCE.
    View All 415 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews
  • Boss Underwater Adventure
    Two different experiences on this excursion. 1st Alistairs experience. After a brief instruction from the resident diver, we had a chance to do a bit of snorkeling. Loved it. Then it was our turn for the "Boss" adventure. To me, all went according to plan i.e., we formed our line up and followed the lead diver with absolutely no hassles, and it was an experience I absolutely loved. A real treat to swim underwater with the tropical fish. As I have absolutely no experience in scuba diving, I felt this was a perfect opportunity to try a new adventure with no training whatsoever. 2nd - Marie's experience. I'm nervous in the water but I enjoy this type of adventure where there are others around me. Unfortunately, once under the water I must have been ahead of the others and was unable to see them. This caused a wave of panic and had to indicate the distress sign to the diver. Once I could see him, I felt better however the Helmet makes the image distorted and therefore the divers appeared further away than they actually are. Also, I saw other guests coming out of their "scooters" and did the same. I then had to swim the 10 feet to the surface. Alistair had someone in front of him telling him when to come out of the scooter. I thought the diver was behind me telling me to come out. Perhaps this could be emphasized in the instructions - to wait till you see the Diver in front of you. The wee while I wasn't panicking but actually using the Boss Scooter was great and would love to try again. Perhaps next time I'm in the Caribbean.
    View All 34 Boss Underwater Adventure Reviews
  • City Tour
    We did this after the cruise and before going to the Airport. Nice way to spend the morning and it incorporated the transfer therefore the bus had our luggage allowing us to explore. We used this to kill time as our flight wasn't till evening. There are many other things to do in Tampa if you have the whole day. If not this was interesting, telling the history of Tampa University.