3. Navigator of the Seas
This was our third cruise with RC, our first on Navigator of the Seas, our first time leaving from Port of Miami. We picked this cruise to spend time with friends attending Pool School on board. We live near Tampa and we decided to drive to Miami port that Morning. If you are driving in, consider driving down a day before and stay at hotel near the port to avoid concerns about traffic/flight tires/car issues etc. If you are flying in, fly in a couple of days earlier and enjoy Florida. Avoid meltdowns from airplane delays by giving yourself a cushion. Also, when you return, make sure you give yourself time to make your flight. Traffic is bad in Miami. Use Self Assist (you carry own bags) and leave at 7:45AM to beat the crowds. We did and were very happy with the experience. Our Drive to Miami port was without incident. We found departing terminal G, got our bags to the porter, and parked at the parking garage. The garage parking costs $20 a day, and they take cash or credit card payment when you leave. I like the convenience of being able to walk to the car when returning from the cruise. Getting our seapasses only took a few minutes. Tip:If your set sail docs indicate "Suite" make sure you get into the Suite line. We had a junior suite and an inside cabin. Junior Suite was sweet, if you can afford to splurge it is worth it. We got on the ship around noon and the ship was gorgeous. There were 16 of us in the group we travelled with, so we never had a dull moment at dinners. We ate at three upcharge restaurants : Sabor (Mexican), Giovanni (Italian), Chops Grille (Steak). The other two nights we ate at the Sapphire Dining Room. Chops was my favorite. Great Ribeye, excellent Mushroom soup. I splurged for the lobster. It was tasty. Our wait staff were from Turkey and they were awesome. Big compliments. Teşekkür ederim!! Everyone on my party liked Sabor, I am not big Mexican food fan, so I defer to my family and friends who were with me on the cruise. Great service. Giovanni's kitchen service was slow and the entree's were brought before the pasta, which was somewhat irritating, and we requested the entrees be sent back and the pasta be served prior to entrees. It would behoove them to consider serving the pasta family style to speed up service. On a good note, the filet was excellent and the staff was very kind. It would behoove the manager to come to the table and check on things. Our Waiter Mr. Singh was King in the Sapphire Main dining room. He made a point to learn our names and the service a superlative. He and his assistant were superlative in service. धन्यवाद (Thank you./Dhantavaad). I hope we meet again, I was honored to meet Mr. Singh. Foodwise at Main Dining, the quality appears to be reflecting the push to get people to eat at the upcharge restaurants. The "Jumbo Tiger Prawns" were anything but jumbo and the shrimp cocktail had small shrimp. All my entrees were delicious, The Lamb Chops were great. When anyone at our table requested something else the food appeared with friendly service. As an aside I wish they brought back Lobster night. My friend from work went on the Carnival Magic and enjoyed lobster. That being said, the cook staff have a daunting challenge daily of preparing so many delicious meals and I applaud them for doing so successfully night after night. Köszönöm!! Breakfast was available in the dining room and windjammer. Both were good. The hash browns in dining room and the diced potatoes in Windjammer need some work. Eggs Benedict were good but I wish the eggs were more Poached and less soft boiled. The mushroom omelet is good. Service was very good. We ate at Johnny Rockets for lunch Monday. It was good but the upcharge is now $10 and used to be $5, and does not include shakes. Also, the drink packages do not apply there. Just a caveat. Service there was great!!! Дякую!!! There are three drink packages (Soda, Soda/Coffee/Smoothies/Water Bottles, Alcohol plus Soda/Coffee/Smoothies). If you order ONLINE before you arrive the price is cheaper. Whether to choose a package and which one is based on your personal preference. Café promenade on deck five had pizza and tasty snacks. Pizza was poor the first couple of days but last day was much improved. You can get Ben & Jerry's ice cream or shake for a small charge. I purchased WIFI to be able to text others in our party. I was not terribly impressed as I stlll was unable to text from time to time. This may have been user error, your results may vary. Our Steward was attentive and very courteous. धन्यवाद (Thank you./Dhantavaad). We ate late so we did not attend the shows. Our three kids did not participate in the youth programs this time. We had two ports of call, in Costa Maya and Cozumel (Mexico). Both were tourist spots with plenty of shopping and food/drink. Both places accept USD and charge US style prices, . Margaritaville in Cozumel made the Guacamole to order at your table, my compliments. At Costa Maya, some in our party swam with Dolphins. Photo packages were pricey. In Cozumel we met Moses, who took us to El Cid Hotel next to port and 10 of the 16 went on a snorkeling trip while the rest of us stayed at the hotel beach. We were on cruise during spring break, so the hotel pool was full of fun and bubbles and they had a DJ playing enthusiastic music. My compliments to the boat service as they took care of our people and got them back early so we could all return to the ship on time. Overall a great trip. My only caveat would be that due to our cruise being during spring break, the pools and jacuzzis were full on sea days. For our family we had a great time and I met some very nice students from Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, and Florida. The ship was very clean and the staff attentive and courteous. I compliment the crew for its hard work. I will return to cruise.

Nice cruise with family and friends

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by misterj411

Our Steward was attentive and very courteous. धन्यवाद (Thank you./Dhantavaad).

We ate late so we did not attend the shows.

Our three kids did not participate in the youth programs this time.

The ship was very clean and the staff attentive and courteous.

I compliment the crew for its hard work. I will return to cruise.
misterj411’s Full Rating Summary