3. Disney Magic
We just returned from a 5 Day Cruise on the Disney Magic. We departed from Port of Miami. Ports visited were Cozumel and CastawayCay. We had stateroom 2550. The cabin was nice and quite. I really liked the 2 “room” bathroom. With 3 girls ....having the toilet and shower/bathtub in separate rooms was very convenient. The mattress were fairly comfortable. I do believe it’s about time for these mattresses to be replaced. Our stateroom host was great. He couldn’t do enough for us. My granddaughters (8 and 10) loved everything! The kids club (Oceaneers) was a favorite. They could check themselves into the club, and I would pick them up. They enjoyed the musical productions at the end of the day, too. These were well done. The girls loved dressing up on pirates night! (Bring your own costumes. Buying these on the ship are quite expensive). They also loved dressing up in princess dresses, which we bought before we packed for the cruise. We signed up - online - (a few weeks before leaving on the cruise) for ticketed Disney Character events. Do this as early as you can as they “sell” out. These events are free, but you have to sign up. Also we had fun with the Marvel Day-at Sea. Heads up - Since this is basically, just one day, the lines get very long ( hour wait) to meet Capt America and Thor! While we were waiting to get onto the ship, we were given a letter, informing us that the Mexican government recently lifted a tourist warning on traveling between the Cancun area and Cozumel. Nevertheless, Disney was cautiously avoiding excursions across this area. This made me very nervous about doing a reserved snorkeling excursion in Cozumel, so I cancelled it. We did a little shopping in Cozumel...a little overwhelming for an 8 and 10 year old due to lots a cigar smoking and salesmen calling out to us to buy their goods. Not much fun for us. Castaway Cay was a nice break. The captain couldn’t get the ship docked until about noon ( rough seas ) so we only had snacks offered on the island. We had Fun snorkeling (although not much aquatic life to see) . The girls felt comfortable in the floatation vests offered by Disney. We brought our own snorkeling gear since it ran about $100 for the 3 of us to rent them. We loved renting bikes ($10 each) and biking around the island. It was a great way to see the island and the beautiful ocean scenes. Bottom line, the girls had a blast on the cruise! And I loved seeing their joy and excitement. It was nonstop excitement over meeting Disney characters, nonstop high energy throughout the ship! I could hear young moms expressing exhaustion about day 3! My girls loved the pool area, even though the pool looked like a can of packed sardines....so crowded! My only complaint was the quality of the food. Given the price of a Disney Cruise, Disney should definitely improve on their cuisine! I heard multiple passengers complaining. The recent cruises I’ve done on - Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Holland America; all had far superior cuisine to Disney. My girls weren’t too disappointed because all they cared about were the free ice cream cones and room service delivered cookies and milk at the end of the day.

Kid Entertainment on Steroids!

Disney Magic Cruise Review by Hawaiijoy

Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin 09B 2550
Nice cabin. Comfortable and quiet.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins