storm riley caused 8 days at sea no trip to the azores on way back. The last time i did a p&o cruises where the itinerary wasn't changed was 2012 that year i did 2 cruises with no changes since i have done 3 cruises this one had 2 change originally we were going to saint martin i accepted that changed due to the hurricanes then we had storm riley the email came on the day before we left no visit to ponta del gada instead a return to babrbados. Flight was good i had upgraded to extra legroom as i was travelling with my parents we just decided to have more room as it was 8 hours. warning the bus's in the Caribbean leave a bit to be desired not much space and very cramped when you land the bus's are very close to the runway no security at the airport only dock side at the ship. We had an easy run through boarding as my mum had assistance at gatwick and due to this we all got into same assistance line we were on in under 20 minutes a lot of people were waiting for an hour or more. I had been on Azura in april 2012 around the med she looks the same just a little bit rougher round the edges. The restaurant on the 1st 2 nights were sit any where as people don't finish getting of until late on 2nd day (we were on the 1st day of boarding) when we did sit at our allocated table it was very enjoyable my only issue was the marco pier white menus which i haven't enjoyed and always revert to old faithful which isn't on the menu on dress up nights but can be ordered sirloin steak and prawn cocktail. I didn't go to anything in the theatre apart from seeing darkest hour film there on a sea day i did see jimmy tamley the ventriloquist in Manhattan he was excellent and adult theme compared to the theatre version i was told by someone else. Only did one trip with saint kitts railway my only problem was i got heat stroke on the bus getting there had been at the back neck started getting hot by the time we were on the train i was drinking water like it was going out of fashion but wasn't getting any better so don't remember much of it. I came to the assumption during this cruise that p&o no longer believe in customer service due to my issues with my cabin as i have said below and friends having various issues it seems their moto is the customer is always wrong and having spoken to other people i wasn't the only person who felt this way. I have decided to not cruise p&o anymore will look at celebrity again and maybe royal Caribbea.

Azura transatlantic

Azura Cruise Review by philipsw285

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean

philipsw285’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azura price drops

Cabin A601
had a problem with air conditioning not working properly reported it 3 times was never resolved properly also the shower tray filled up to the top of the tray when showering and took ages to flow away i gave up reporting things on the third go as i was made to feel like i was making it all up and once the temperatures droped below degrees we could deal with the heat. The tv's need replacing with 8 sea days we spent a lot more time in the cabin and the picture is terrible from talking to other people all the cabin were the same.
the rest of the cabin was ok.
  Azura Deck Plans