3. Viking Sky
We decided it would be fun and different to do a transatlantic crossing so we booked the Viking Sky after hearing many positive things about the Viking Ocean brand. I booked through my usual travel agent and still had pretty decent service when I called Viking directly with questions. Usually I've been told to "go through your agent". Booking advance restaurant reservations and shore excursions was quick and intuitive. Viking has one of the better customer websites. Our cruise sailed from San Juan to Barcelona. I chose to do my own air arrangements as I've never liked dealing with cruise line air departments. We arrived in San Juan the day before the cruise and stayed directly across from the pier. This made for an easy walk to the ship the next morning. Boarding was quick and trouble free. Our stateroom category was PV1 so that meant our room would be available at 1:00pm. We had a couple of hours to explore the ship, eat lunch, etc. My first impression was WOW. The ship was absolutely beautiful. There are so many public areas to gather, sit, relax or whatever. We had lunch and began to explore the ship. Just before 1 we learned our room was ready. Our luggage was already delivered so we quickly unpacked. Our room was slightly larger than the basic or deluxe veranda by about 70-80 sq/ft which in my opinion made all the difference in the world. For the first time in my cruising life we had more storage than we needed and actually had a couple of empty drawers. Pretty good because I'm a serial overpacker. The bathroom was also spacious with a nice sized shower. Instead of the usual sliding glass door for the veranda, there was a regular door and a separate picture window making the room seem even larger. The bed was extremely comfortable as well. We set sail to some pretty rough waters in Puerto Rico and in fact were unable to make our first port of St. Martin. This was a problem as people whose flights got in late went to St. Martin to meet the ship which never stopped there. Waters continued to be fairly rough but not uncomfortably so. My preference for less people on a ship (

Great Atlantic crossing on beautiful ship

Viking Sky Cruise Review by molemaui

molemaui’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

Spacious, plenty of storage. Plenty of USB and plugs to charge all your devices. Nice bathroom.