3. Liberty of the Seas
I chose this cruise because it sailed out of a port my children could drive to and we could fly to, and it fell at the right dates. That being said I was reluctant to book with Royal Caribbean because of bad past experiences. Embarkation went smoothly and we were in our rooms by 1 pm. The Ship is lovely and impressive when you walk on board. We were greeted by friendly staff. Our cabin was a stateroom with a balcony, it was very clean but getting a little worn in places...ie bedding, some rust in bathroom but nothing to deter our adventure. The cabin stewards were excellent. Our waiters were superior and the food was good, needed more variety and more vegetarian options. I did not get to see many of the shows because how they had them set up. If you had my time dining it may have been fine but not so great for second seating. I found it difficult at many of the bars to receive service. The bartenders would just ignore me and wait on others even if I were there first. I found the stench from the cigarette smoke in casino spread to the schooner bar and photo area and this was unpleasant and made it difficult to use these areas and I didn't do many activities there because of it. I also couldn't believe there was a smoking area right near the kids pool and water slide area how awful for their lungs. The water slides and wave rider were great and enjoyed by my adult children. I tried to use the gym but it was so hot with no air flow I had to leave. The ports were typical caribbean ports, not the best or most enjoyable but fine. We had to tender at Grand Cayman and if you didn't book an excursion with ship, were a VIP cruiser or lucky enough to get an early number you lost like two hours of shore time, not so great. I didn't find the shore excursions I booked through royal caribbean ran very smoothly. There were delays and timing issues with all of them, told to get there earlier then originally booked and then have tour started later than it was originally scheduled. The excursion in Jamaica had a rude guide. Now my greatest complaint, if you prefer not to have young kids running around, being rowdy or just being everywhere and spoiling your enjoyment this is not the cruise line for you. Nothing is adult only, yes they have an adult only pool but kids run around it and up to the bar. It was the smallest pool with the fewest seats. Teens frequently hung out on stairs blocking the entire stair and didn't move willingly, one day they sat on elevators and would not stand so you had to keep waiting for elevators as they took up the whole elevator. I think 1 am is way too late a curfew for teens and they just get into trouble. Disembarkation was fine, we were actually off the ship earlier than predicted. Parking was ok in Galveston... Would I go again....not on this one. Would I book again with royal carribean....yes if it was the right price/time and ports.

Great waiters and cabin attendants

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by fred1989

fred1989’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Cabin 8230/8228
big enough, needs some refreshing, clean.. fridge in room needs to be cooler only goes to 55 and I like my wines cooler. Mattress on bed very uncomfortable with big dents in mattress, and my kids room the mattresses were separated and the beds were extremely firm
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans

• Horseback Riding
    nasty guide...tour late even though they changed the time to earlier. ran tour opposite as we were told..was soaking wet entire time as I only brought one change of clothes... did not get food even though ordered and paid for...only good part was the riding guides they were terrific
    View All 30 Horseback Riding Reviews