3. Viking Sun
I really wanted to rate this trip a 4.5..... We had taken a Viking River cruise and wanted to try a Viking Ocean cruise. We chose the Cuba cruise, based on the itinerary which also included Belize, and were disappointed when we were informed of the itinerary changes 4 months before departure (Belize was dropped), however, we were more than satisfied with the options Viking offered to compensate for the changes. The ship was fantastic. It was the perfect size, spacious and well-designed. We had one of the larger cabins (Penthouse Veranda) and were very glad we upgraded, although I could have been happy in a "Deluxe" cabin. We liked the extra closet space and larger bathroom. In addition, at our cabin level, we were able to make dinner reservations and select our excursions earlier than lesser-priced cabins, which meant we pretty much got what we wanted, when we wanted it. The staff was wonderful and attentive. The excursions were also well-done and the guides were very knowledgable. I only had two minor complaints. The gym/fitness room is beautiful and well equipped, however, no classes were offered. It would have been nice if some stretch, yoga, Pilates classes had been available. Even small sailboats like Windstar offer early morning classes on the deck. It just seemed a shame that they did not take full advantage of the wonderful workout facility. Secondly, guests need to be aware that the Chef's Table menu changes every three days and alternates between Scandinavian, Asian and French cuisine. This was not mentioned on-line when we made our reservation, so we ended up with the reindeer appetizer rather than the escargot, which would have been my preference. All in all, it was a great trip and we loved the Viking Ocean cruise experience so much that we booked the same ship, same cabin in 2018, with a stop in Belize! I am counting down the days....

Booked same ship, same cabin for 2018 voyage!

Viking Sun Cruise Review by stookeystb

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Cuba
I really wanted to rate this trip a 4.5.....

stookeystb’s Full Rating Summary