3. Celebrity Millennium
This was our first Celebrity Cruise but we have cruised with other cruise companies in the past. If I’m being honest I have to say that I expected a bit more from a 5* company especially with regards to the food in the main dining room. The positives were definitely the places we visited in Vietnam and Taiwan (which we loved) and also Hong Kong. I see that Captain Alex gets lots of comments about being seen around the ship but my husband didn’t see him once and I only saw him once at the opening of the sale in the shop. He wasn’t there when we disembarked but we were one of the last. His announcements are very amusing. Ourselves and most of the other guests we chatted to or dined with were disappointed with the food in the MDR. It was often cold and not worthy of a 5* ship. The starters were very poor most nights and we weren’t impressed with the desserts and mostly chose from the standard choices were were offered every night. The size of the portion of vegetables was tiny but we did find out that you could ask for extra veg and when someone on our table did it was always broccoli and green beans. Food in the Oceanview buffet was excellent. Lots of choice at breakfast and lunch. We ate there one evening towards the end of the cruise and wished we had done it more often as we enjoyed our meal more than most of the meals we’d had in the MDR. Cafe Bacchio served great coffee and cakes and was a lovely place to go in the afternoon when you returned from a trip or for a nice coffee after dinner. ( coffee in MDR wasn’t nice ) The crew everywhere from your cabin steward to the little girl on the hand gel going into the buffet and those on the public desks were all brilliant and very helpful. We saw some amazing places met some lovely people and overall had a brilliant time but not sure that we would pay Celebrity prices in the future. Being from the UK we have had better food and entertainment on the smaller ships like Thomson and Fred Olsen.

Great itinerary

chloe03’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Millennium price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2B
Cabin 2B 9039
Our cabin was below the salon and you could hear things being rolled along the floor early in the morning and late at night. Other than that the location suited us but was a bit of a trek to the dining areas.
Lots of storage in the cabin and the bathroom. Watch out for the bad design of the bathroom and wardrobe doors as if you happen to open them at the same door they bang into each other often trapping your fingers. Shower was ok.
Bed was nice and comfortable and tv worked fine,
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins