3. Celebrity Summit
Our FIRST cruise. Wonderful cruise ship. Food was excellent. Suite was excellent. Chip our butler was amazing. Service was perfect. Ship does move...yes you can feel it back and forth at times. We had no problems with any seasickness. Shows were decent. Comedian had been on Beverly Hills 90210 and other tv shows. Sit in the front for interaction. There's plenty of seating. Suite guests get free alcohol and pop in one lounge without drink package. Big issue - our balcony sliding door popped loudly the second night, over and over again as the ship rocked. I really needed sleep and got very little. I hope this can be fixed. If it were a longer cruise, I don't know how I'd survive. Casino is small and has no Texas holdem poker table or room. But it does have craps! Pool was cold. Too cold to swim in. Art auction was for very expensive pieces only, like $20,000 pieces. Would love to see less-expensive Giclees in the hundreds. Do NOT bring a power strip. Your bag will get flagged and sent to security. You will have to check room phone messages to find this out or walk around wondering where your bag is as your butler will not know. We figured it out after a while. Muster Drill was extremely long, lame, and boring. Better organization might help, but Im guessing many cruisers were too lazy to get to where they should be, making those of us who followed rules wait. Many young female cruisers thought they were above the rules and continued to talk on cell phones during the drill. No surprise there. Nassau sucks. I don't know why so many people cruise on ships that go there. You won't go to the forts, they are in ghettos. We saw the courthouse. The library was closed. Junkanoo beach was run down, dirty, and small. We walked off the main drag on our own to find the Queen's Staircase, and feared for our lives. Two blocks off the main drag looked like a bomb went off, trash and debris everywhere, boarded up and open houses worse than Flint, Michigan, the area we are from. Two Bahamians were yelling at the manager in McDonalds. One was walking behind me yelling. Cruise ships should try other ports in the Bahamas, but business must be good there. I don't know why. Stay away from Nassau. Upon disembarkation, had to wait in a VERY LONG LINE. NO special line for suite guests to get off the boat. Customs was very backed up. Asked customs agent if suite guests had to wait in line, and they let us through the global express line. Worked out well as our flight was leaving and if we had had to wait in the customs line, we might have missed it. Make sure your return flight home is well after noon to be safe. Also on the last day - go ahead and sleep in and check out late. It's better than waiting in line Im sure.

Excellent Cruise - Not So Great Port

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by alandlord

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Sky Suite 2
Our FIRST cruise.

Wonderful cruise ship. Food was excellent. Suite was excellent.

Chip our butler was amazing. Service was perfect.

Suite guests get free alcohol and pop in one lounge without drink package.

Pool was cold. Too cold to swim in.

alandlord’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Sky Suite 2
Cabin S2 6122
PLEASE fix the sliding balcony door. On night two it popped over and over again as the ship rocked. I had to use ear buds to listen to music to get to sleep.

Otherwise it was excellent.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins