Scenic Spirit Cruise Review

The cruise that exceeded our expectations

Scenic Spirit Cruise Review by Trishalamusic

• Sail Date: Feb 2018
  • Destination: Asia River

We chose this cruise because we had been informed by a man writing a book on the best river cruises in the world, that Vietnam/Cambodia was #1. We have been on over 25 cruises, ocean and river, and never have we experienced better service and caring for passengers. Top-notch crew. An all-inclusive cruise so if we wanted food or wine delivered to our room, it was included in the booking price. No tipping was expected. The choices of excursions were varied and interesting. The local guides were well-chosen. The ship had only 36 passengers so the experience was intimate and the boat easy to navigate. The clientele on this particular trip was primarily Australian and north American. The front desk, the chef and staff, and the guides could not have more accommodating. We felt safe and well-cared for at all times. The only disappointment was my own fault. I thought the Mekong River looked like Halong Bay in northern Vietnam. If I did the trip again, we would start in Hanoi and end in Siem Reap, Cambodia. It would add a few days to the two-week trip but it would have been worth it.

I would highly suggest ending the trip in Siem Reap on this cruise because of the farewell dinner at an ancient temple which was a pinnacle experience. We will travel with Scenic Cruises again soon, if so fortunate. Outstanding crew and overall experience.

Trishalamusic's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Royal deck RD 306

A highlight of the trip. The room on the top level with the bed facing the floor-to-ceiling window was the best! One didn't need a balcony because the window lowered half-way. The bath area was exceptional. Long hallway with floor to ceiling mirrors( only one sink). Living room area, sitting area by the window, desk area. A sliding door separated the bedroom from living area so one could sleep while the other occupied the living area. Exceptional room, well worth the upgrade. My husband kept saying, " I love this room!"

Trishalamusic