3. Grandeur of the Seas
This 12 day cruise was chosen because of the itinerary and price point. We took a 6 year break from cruising and things have indeed changed since the last time we were on a Royal Caribbean ship. This was our 9th cruise, so compared to our fellow passengers we were newbies. I can see why retirees continue to grace this ship with their presence. It is small so less walking for the elderly. The service and staff are attentive and caring, perhaps even much better than one may receive at their retirement home. It is their home away from home. Grandeur of the Seas has a loyal following and I'm sure they will miss this cozy ship once she herself retirees in 2019. I have some minor negative things I would like to see changed on the ship...............Smoking in the very small casino should only be allowed if you are gambling. The amount of people sitting there reading their books, gabbing their faces off while having cigarette after cigarette.........was unbearable and a complete health hazard. This older generation has absolutely no respect for others and make smokers look horrible and disrespectful. SHAME ON YOU ALL! take your smoking marathons outside! Movies times for theater and Under the Stars....... were way off and waste of time......so dis-appointing. Cocktail prices were astronomical and a complete rip off. The automatic 18 % gratuity to walk to the bar yourself and grab our own drinks is nothing less than thievery ...the drink packages are way overpriced.....Norwegian is a better option for this for sure. I feel like the cruisers that enjoy the smaller ships are being taken for a ride as this company pays off their billon dollar debts on the MEGA ships that they have a hard time selling out. It does leave a bit of a bitter taste when you see the many scams on this ship and their giveaways of garbage keychains, and crappy t-shirts. I am not a loyal Royal Caribbean cruiser and probably will never be as I have heard they have changed their loyalty programs again. I will continue to shop around and choose my holidays based on itinerary and price point. Sadly Royal Caribbean didn't impress me enough. The best part of Royal Caribbean is their staff.....huge shout out to our room attendant "Daniel" Our Complete Evening Dinning room staff . Maître de "Vilesh", Head Waiter "Dan" our main waiters "Nilesh" and "Rey" thank you!!! You made our holiday memorable and your attention to details and quality of service is impeccable. Royal Caribbean is very lucky to have you all. Our itinerary changed due to a weather storms, so sadly we never go to go to St Lucia and that was the only stop we actually choose a ship excursion, but that destination will have to wait until another time. I researched and planned our days on our own. Port Canaveral This was an impromptu stop and basically we headed to Cocoa Beach to do some shopping and have lunch. If you have a chance eat at Sandbars Sport Grill, they have great Happy Hour prices, great environment and wicked Mahi Mahi! Delicious! St Thomas This was our second time and we choose shopping and taxi to Emerald Beach, great cheap way to chill out and relax. St John's Antigua We took a private island tour with "New York" he was an older driver that took to our selected spots. Shirley Heights, Nelson's Dockyard and then Dickson Bay. He stayed with us all day and waited until we were done, I would highly recommend him, he was polite, informative and very patient. All three stops were fantastic! We ate lunch at Coconut Grove (Dickson Bay) this place was beautiful and food was fantastic we shared appy's, drank a few beers and soaked in the most magnificent views. He then returned us safely to the ship port. Don't be afraid to negotiate the prices with the private drivers, especially when there is only a few ships in port. Our favorite port by far! St Kitts Once again we hired a private driver (Elvis) to take us to Timothy Hill (where you can see Atlantic and the Caribbean sea, perfect picture spot, and then we grabbed some beer there as well, before he took us to Carambola Beach Resort for the day. This was a great day, great beach chairs, umbrellas and clean washroom facilities. A restaurant and bar to order drinks if you want, and of course a great stretch of beach to walk on. Next time I would try Marriot Resort or Cockleshell Beach just to try something different. St Maarten Took a cab in to the main strip beach, made sure we spent money there for the locals, as they continue to clean up from the hurricane. Rented beach chairs, and order buckets of beers....You have amply choices of beach chairs and restaurants and wifi. This is walkable from the cruise port, if you want to walk off some cruise food! Great day

Floating Senior Citizens Home!

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by kelara22