3. Royal Princess
Royal princess, in the common area's ( promenade deck etc.) is absolutely beautiful. The crew is amazing, actually their service, smiles, and professionalism is the only thing that saved this cruise. The Ship is poorly designed. You can not walk straight from one end to the other. Deck 7 is the only deck out of 17 decks that goes the entire length of the ship. The cabins are extremely small. My husband and I had a "mini suite " in the club class section. When compared to other cruise line's mini or junior, suites this ship is a significant amount smaller. There is absolutely no way 2 people can be in the bathroom at the same time. You can't even be in the closet area with the bathroom door open without hitting each other. The balconies have 2 chairs and a table but with that said with all of that furniture you can not fit 2 people out there, unless they are sitting in those chairs. Dining was the absolute worse. Awful would be a kind description. In the Horizon Buffet breakfast and lunch for the entire 10 days was the exact same menu. Breakfast consisted of cold french toast, cold pancakes, etc. Lunch wasn't much better also everything was either cold or room temperature at best. soup's were warm but very bland. We ate diner just one night in the main dining room. Service and food was so bad that we did not go back. Because we were in the Club Class section we were entitled to go to the separate Club Class dinning room. The service there was amazing however the food choices were limited and the temperature was not much better than the main dinning area's. We did get a slightly better quality of food when going to both the steak house and Italian room but the idea that you have to pay an up-charge to get good food on any cruise ship is appalling. Very limited in the number of excursions available causing what few were available to sell out very quickly and most before sailing. Also I would advice people to read reviews on the various tours. Princess descriptions are somewhat misleading. Entertainment was very limited. More than once my husband expressed his boredom, which in 12 previous cruises, with varying companies, had never happened. Service on any cruise ship, has always been my primary need/want. But the other area's where never an issue. Now that I see how bad 10 days of awful food and limited entertainment can be I have to start looking at the overall package .

Someplace between poor and average

Royal Princess Cruise Review by pitbull mom

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony

pitbull mom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M1 R423
This was the smallest Mini-Suite I have ever seen. With the added expense of it being in princess's new "club class" i was even more disappointed.So not worth the added expense.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins