3. Viking Jarl
I chose this cruise after looking / shopping for a cruise for over a year. This was our first overnight river cruise but will most assuredly not be our last. The service onboard the Jarl was perfect in every way. I have never experienced anything such as this trip/tour/cruise that was as perfect as this was. The scheduling was perfect and precisely as advertised. I have never seen any this good, certainly none better. The shore excursions in each port were well done and quite interesting. The excursion guides were not only knowledgeable but very entertaining. We were impressed with the choices of sights to see and the routes taken on the tours. Most importantly, none of them were physically taxing! The food!! The only word that comes to mind is incredible!! The choices on the menus were beyond what I had expected and the chef was remarkable in that if something you wanted was not listed for a particular day, he would prepare it for you anyway!! The only thing that could possibly match the food was the service!! The service personnel in the dining room were all simply wonderful although we eventually gravitated to our "favorite" and ensured we got here service area for every meal after about the second day of "sampling" the services of all the others. I will say that due to technical difficulties our in room TV did not work very well. But, the other experiences on the ship helped to remedy that one small negative. The crew was very apologetic over this and I am reasonably confident that it was simply a glitch that could happen on any ship and certainly not the normal experience for this ship or this cruise line. Overall, this cruise was one of the most wonderful experiences we have ever had and we are already looking forward to / planning our next one! I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxing, wonderful get away!! And, needless to say, I recommend Viking!!

Great crew and an overall wonderful experience

Viking Jarl Cruise Review by perry.kissam

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

perry.kissam’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Jarl price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B
Although smaller than I had imagined, it was well appointed and certainly adequate. I will most likely upgrade on my next cruise to a suite, with the biggest reason being to give us each a comfortable chair to watch TV.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins