• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Viking Jarl Review

Editor Rating

Great crew and an overall wonderful experience

Review for Viking Jarl to Europe River
perry.kissam
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2017
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

I chose this cruise after looking / shopping for a cruise for over a year. This was our first overnight river cruise but will most assuredly not be our last. The service onboard the Jarl was perfect in every way. I have never experienced anything such as this trip/tour/cruise that was as perfect as this was. The scheduling was perfect and precisely as advertised. I have never seen any this good, certainly none better.

The shore excursions in each port were well done and quite interesting. The excursion guides were not only knowledgeable but very entertaining. We were impressed with the choices of sights to see and the routes taken on the tours. Most importantly, none of them were physically taxing!

The food!! The only word that comes to mind is incredible!! The choices on the menus were beyond what I had expected and the chef was remarkable in that if something you wanted was not listed for a particular day, he would prepare it for you anyway!! The only thing that could possibly match the food was the service!! The service personnel in the dining room were all simply wonderful although we eventually gravitated to our "favorite" and ensured we got here service area for every meal after about the second day of "sampling" the services of all the others.

Veranda Stateroom

Although smaller than I had imagined, it was well appointed and certainly adequate. I will most likely upgrade on my next cruise to a suite, with the biggest reason being to give us each a comfortable chair to watch TV.

1 Helpful Vote