3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
WE chose this ship because of the ballroom dancing, so many other ships have discontinued this activity. The dance floor is large, there is an Orchestra and a vocalist, every night at 9:30 PM, and over a 2 week period there were 4 Tea dances. This is a little late in the evening for older people, but we adjusted our internal clocks and did it. I felt that the food was not as good as other ships, the buffet was not good at all, the food on the buffet was dried out and tasteless, the pizza was horrible ! There are many British passengers, the entertainment was ordinary. The passengers are of a higher quality than the ordinary ships. You do not need a Tuxedo, many men had dark suits, there is a jacket required for men at dinner, which makes it more pleasant than looking over at people dressed in t-shirts and sloppy clothes as you see on Princess, Carnival ( shiver ) Holland America, RCCL, Celebrity or Norwegian. If you are in the First Class category, such as the Queen's category of rooms, or a Suite, of course everything is better, you get a separate dining room and top notch treatment. I felt the discrimination....... I would say that the Crystal Ship line is a far better choice if you want a Luxury cruise. I'm looking into Oceania now, never been on it, but want to try it. I enjoyed the ports , Saguenay and Quebec were the only ones I got off the ship to go on, At Saguenay , the entire town came down to the port to meet our ship, they were dressed in costumes, there was entertainment, music, and free home-made blueberry pie. Quebec was terribly crowded, many ships in port that day, too many people to feel comfortable walking through, shops were very crowded also, so we went on a bus tour of the city which was a better way to see it. I would go on the QM2 again if I see a good price, as this one was. We are booked on QM2 in September 2018 to cross the ocean then return again immediately, but may cancel it before final payment, if we find an Oceania cruise that we like.

Not that special

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by kianaluke

I felt the discrimination.......

I'm looking into Oceania now, never been on it, but want to try it.

kianaluke’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony, obstructed view
Cabin DF
The cabin was ordinary, nothing exceptional, it was a cabin with a verandah but an obstructed view, which means lifeboats hanging outside the balcony. The other balcony in the lesser category has a " sheltered" view, which we did not like at all, there was an aluminum wall covering the balcony opening, with just an opening up high to stick your head out to see what the ocean looked like ! You must pay a significant more for a balcony with no obstruction, or have a Suite or Queen category. The shower was a little bit larger than those on Princess or HA. The linens were good, no threadbare towels on the Cunard line !
Deck 8 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Saguenay
    I walked around the city, looked at houses and listened to the people speak French,
    bought some home made crafts at the port shops, enjoyed watching the people dressed in costume at the port, they had entertainment and music for us, an Native Teepee and people dressed in Native costume, log rolling, singing, home-made blueberry pies free to everyone ! This was my favorite port of all.
    View All 33 Saguenay Cruise Port Reviews