3. Viking Jarl
I chose this river cruise so we could experience the Christmas Markets. The markets were individually different, colorful and enjoyable. I certainly had a nice variety of crafts to see and foods to taste in each market. I also learned the best shopping was found in small shops surrounding the markets. I was disappointed with the lack of interesting and fresh seafood dishes on board the Jarl. One night the seafood choice was tilapia which we found very disappointing and a fish we would commonly only use in tacos, not a main course. We did enjoy trying local dishes daily and appreciated having nuts available. The only exercise available was a small walking track that was frequently unavailable due to its use as storage for walkways.. There were no hand weights or table games like ping pong. The included tours were worthwhile. If we had not been visiting the markets, I would have insisted on a more in-depth experience in several places including Vienna. There was a visit to Gottweib Castle/monastery where wine was made. The visit was aleast two hours, if not more, too long. We would have appreciated being taken to the cute little town to wander around. I enjoyed the trip and would not hesitate to take this trip again, in a different season, since I have now experienced the markets.

Visiting the Christmas Markets was a long time dream!

Viking Jarl Cruise Review by Kmorloff@aol.com

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

We did enjoy trying local dishes daily and appreciated having nuts available.

Kmorloff@aol.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Jarl price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E 109
The stateroom was fine, but with little drawer space. I was unable to sleep when the Jarl was moving at night due to a never ceasing “whirrrr” that my husband could not hear. I did not hear the “whirrr” when we were docked. We purchased the cheapest category so did not expect the finest cabin, but found the accommodations to be fine.
Main Deck Outside Cabins