The cruise was the type of itinerary that I was Looking for, within in the time period available to me. This was our first time cruising and My Wife and I were really looking forward to our first cruise. I will preface my remarks by saying that I am easy going by nature and not overly fussy. Embarkation was from White Bay Terminal Sydney. This was handled very well and I have no complaints at all. The cabin was of adequate size in need of refurbishment, The cabin was clean and tidy. The TV was a complete joke. Dining was adequate, the better dining areas attracting a fee(surcharge). With the entertainment being very ordinary we read for most of the time. Entertainment was esoteric with charges applicable to many of the activities. Most of the activities were of no interest to myself and after talking to others on board they were of the same opinion Service was good overall except for the ubiquitous tipping. Applying a 15 per cent fee added to the final account at the end of the cruise while applying 15per cent tip on purchases made during the cruise. I would rather they pay the staff a proper wage, include the extra cost in the advertised price of the cruise. Ports of call:- due to inclement weather a number of ports had to be missed. This is out of the control of Holland America however days at sea were boring and tedious. Holland America line excursions were way too expensive, I was able to book my excursions on line before we left home and they were great at fraction of the price wanted for the ship excursions. Disembarkation was handled very well, and we were glad to get off. There were a number people who were of the same opinion as myself. Holland America should take note that most people do not complain they remember.

Great Expectations - Disillusioned

Noordam Cruise Review by Tanawah

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Dining was adequate, the better dining areas attracting a fee(surcharge).

With the entertainment being very ordinary we read for most of the time.

Entertainment was esoteric with charges applicable to many of the activities.

Disembarkation was handled very well, and we were glad to get off.

There were a number people who were of the same opinion as myself.

Tanawah’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VA 4052
Good size,clean,no noise, near lifts.
However very dated and tired looking.
The thing that irritated the most was the TV and Video. TV was small and very old, with terrible picture quality, the remote control was useless with buttons worn so much that not one of the numbers was visible, and a lot of functions did not work.
I complained to the "front office". First time they changed video player, second time they said the remote was ok. I gave up in the end because I could not see the point as the Video
Collection was poor. Every video I selected from their catalogue was either missing not available or just not there
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins