3. Viking Jarl
Took my family on their first river cruise and visited all the Christmas markets we could. AWESOME cruise in all respects except the weather ( It was very cold ) The cruise staff was excellant especially the Cruise Director. Excellant tour guides that actualy knew the area. The ship was very well layed out and it took all of ten minutes to find things. The cabin we had was very well done with two seperate rooms. That was great because One could go to bed, close the door while the other watched some TV or just read. Cabin had a big bathroom off the bedroom with a great shower. Rare on a boat/ship. Fridg was restocked every day. Room steward was right there any time we needed him and had the cabin redone before we got back from breakfast. He also had the bed turned down every evening by the time we got back to the cabin. The dining room was well done with different tables, anywhere from 2 to 8 people per table. There was an excellant dining staff that immediatly knew our names and remembered what we liked for drinks or salads and things like that. They were impressive. There was always a varied menu for dinner and what you ordered was ALWAYS well prepaired and presented. If you didn’t like one of the specials, the menu always had what I call standard fare you could order. The wine list was very well done as well and I would recommend buying the prepaid drinks because the selection was better than some high end places I have been to. Some of the dining stall worked in the bar area as well as the dining room and knew what we wanted as soon as we sat down. Again, very impressive. Would I sail with Viking again??? Absolutly. In fact we are looking at both river cruies and their ship cruises. We will take another in the near future.

Christmas market cruise