3. Carnival Elation
My daughter's dance studio performed on this cruise, normally I am not a Carnival cruiser (usually Royal Caribbean), and Bahamas is not a favorite destination. However, we did find our cabin to be larger than anticipated (U72) and it was easy to find our way around the ship after exploring. The food was not bad, but not great, and our server seemed to forget a lot of requests (ie. condiment requests, sodas for my daughter, which happened a lot all over the ship, and she was on bottomless bubbles). My daughter only went to the kids club for about 20 minutes before checking herself back out and coming to me in the Bingo event, she said it was boring, and resisted all other attempts for me to get her to go back. The pool area could use some supervision, as I had to step into a couple of situations with other children being overly aggressive (actually I was one of three moms who had to do this in a matter of 30 minutes). The shows were great, bingo was fun, the casino was VERY smoky, and the corridor to our cabin also reeked of cigarette smoke, though it was not in our cabin.

First Carnival Cruise, not bad, just not exemplary

Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D U72
It was clean, well laid out, and larger than anticipated. Very comfortable.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins