3. Costa Victoria
Chose this cruise because the dates and the embarkation port were convenient for me. That is the good stuff out of the way, and the rest was downhill. The fact that drinking water is not provided free on a cruise in such a hot region tells you all you need to know. in 21 days only one of the two ice machines worked and then only for one day. No water provided with evening meal and no tea or coffee afterwards. Menus poor and reconstituted potato used. Drinks packages were a complete rip off. Passports were taken on day one, and only a photocopy given out (too late to be useful in some cases). When we went to Langkawi we found that the duty free shops would not allow sales unless the photcopy was shown but we had not received ours. So after a hot and sweaty trip back to the ship - queueing at the info desk to receive a copy, then a further hot and sweaty trip back to the shop - I finally managed to buy some perfume, but the whole process took half of the day we were there. Then the final insult, a photocopy (second one) was delivered to my cabin half an hour before the ship sailed out. I was given the WRONG advice about the mandatory visa for India and so paid out £140 for a two year visa instead of a £40 short term stay visa. The disembarkation port was Savona, Italy, where the ship was going into dock for a 12 day maintenance period, but we still had to vacate the cabin by 8 am and then sit in the theatre until 11.30 waiting for our transfer coach. No laundries on board and the cabin laundry service was EXPENSIVE. Would never book with COsta again.

Awful

Costa Victoria Cruise Review by Sheila4311486

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: Trans-Ocean
  • Cabin Type: Outside Premium

Sheila4311486’s Full Rating Summary

Outside Premium
Cabin EP 80130
very small - dodgy leg on one of the twin beds. Strange smell in the bathroom. The water was so brown it changed the colour of my hair! Thin, skimpy towels provided and then only one per guest.
Butterfly Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins