3. Norwegian Star
We chose this cruise and cruise line because they offered a good price, nice itinerary and some "free" items. We received $100 on board credit, 3 Special dinners and unlimited beverage package. The Unlimited Beverage package was definitely worth the extra you had to pay in gratuities. The $100 on board credit was nice but the special dinners was worthless. We had to pay the gratuities up front (over $100) yet by the 3rd day of the 7 day cruise all reservations were full for EVERY special restaurants on board. I asked about a refund for the money I paid for the gratuity but was told too bad for me. The public bathrooms on the ship were often out of order, out of toilet paper or paper towel. The casino has no ventilation yet passengers are allowed to smoke in it. The smoke was so thick you could cut it! YUCK! The midship elevators did work correctly, often skipping floors. The staterooms are SMALL. I know that this is a ship and the rooms are smaller but compared to other cruise lines they were dinky!!! We arranged our transportation to and from the cruise terminal from the airport. We were charged $25 per person. Those that hadn't prepaid were only charged $20 by the bus driver at the airport and then by the ship!! The entertainment was passable, but not the best I have seen. Bingo was double what I have paid on other ships.All in all the ports were good, the food in the main dining room was awesome and our room steward rocked. Disembarkation was the biggest cluster mess I have ever seen!! Would I choose Norwegian again? Probably not.

Passable but not great

slh7561’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB 5050
The cabin was small, the twin beds that made the king bed were not fastened together so they would work apart during the night.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Whale Watching
    Whale watching was awesome. The boat we were on was great. They even offered unlimited Margaritas, Rum Punch , chips and salsa. The guide was very well informed and was willing to answer any questions.
    View All 2 Whale Watching Reviews