3. Carnival Victory
My wife, eight friends and I went on this cruise as a work trip. Our first cruise was 4 years ago on the Carnival Liberty and we absolutely loved it. This trip however, paled in comparison to that one and our second trip last year. I have absolutely no complaints regarding the boarding process. It was simple, and seamless, exactly how I remember it. The let down came our first night on the ship at dinner. We ate in the Atlantic dining room and I had the prime rib. I ordered it medium rare, which it was when I received it, no complaints about that, BUT it was cold. This, as I learned quickly would hold true for almost every meal I had on this cruise. My prime rib was cold as were all of my sides. The only food I ate on that ship that was hot were the burgers from Guy Fieri's Burger Joint and the fresh omelette I had for breakfast every morning. Even the breakfast sides(bacon, sausage, potato, french toast, pancakes etc.) were cold. I ate at the buffet only once because the first experience was no different. When I go on vacation, the food either makes or breaks the trip for me and in this case, the food definitely put a damper on my trip. It was certainly not up to the high standards I have come to expect from cruising. Another thing that really irritated me, perhaps more than it should have was the fact that the dress codes for the dining room was not enforced at all. On Carnival's web site, they state that the dress code for their dining rooms are informal and formal. On the informal nights you may wear long shorts and a collared shirt. No bathing suits and t-shirts. On formal nights, dress pants and a dress shirt. Every night we were in that dining room I saw people in bathing suits, t-shirts and flip flop sandals. Even on the formal night there were people in shorts and t-shirts. I asked our server, Conrad why this was happening and he said, "That's the way Carnival is going, catering to a younger crowd." I understand catering to a younger crowd, but either enforce your own rules, or get rid of them! Speaking of Conrad, he was one of the bright spots on the cruise. We sat with him every night and absolutely loved him. Also, our cabin steward, Husry was another bright spot. I feel that we got to know them both quite well. I have no complaints about the ship itself, or the cleanliness. Other than what I've mentioned above, the trip was so-so. If this is the way Carnival is going, then I've probably sailed for the last time with Carnival.

Huge Let Down

Mike Harber’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Premium Vista Balcony
Cabin 9C 9253
Cabin was excellent, as expected, clean and roomy.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Dune Buggy
    We enjoyed the dune buggy ride around the island, even though the dune buggy's were in pretty rough shape. We had the opportunity to swim at a beautiful beach as well, which was awesome.
    View All 94 Dune Buggy Reviews
  • Tequila Tasting
    The dune buggy portion of our tour was good but the tequila tasting we found out after we got home was a scam. The tequila we tasted, which was phenomenal, was not the tequila that was purchased. Some in our party were victims of a bait and switch.
    View All 118 Tequila Tasting Reviews
  • Key West
    My wife and I rented a four seat electric car from HydroThunder to tour the island and we loved it. It was $90 for 3 hours and in my opinion is the best way to see Key West.
    View All 1,788 Key West Cruise Port Reviews