3. Ruby Princess
3rd cruise on Princess and we took the Ruby to Alaska a year ago. Cabin steward Bren Del Prado was outstanding and dinner with our waiter Luis Loyola and Jay Lau was so entertaining. Luis should have his own comedy show on Princess cruises! We were on the R deck in a balcony cabin right by the bridge. Embarkation and debarking were much easier in LA than in Seattle. We love Princess cruises. I wish I could give a 5+ star rating for dining. Buffets were excellent, formal dining was super and on the last formal night you could have as many lobster tails as you wanted. Room Service was ok but they did have to redo one order (who in the world puts mayonnaise on a hot dog??) to get a plain hot dog. I didn't try the lasagna but I sure will next time. They did have a great cookie delivery with room service, though.

Incredibly relaxing and excellent food in all venues.

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by RichardV88

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Premium Balcony
RichardV88’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B1 R201
Wall plugs are old (no "wide" prong and ground access) and my wife couldn't use her hair dryer but all else was fine and the bed was very comfortable.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Whale Watching
    Our boat finally located 2 whales and chased them for over an hour without getting close. There were quite a few rude people who got upset if you stood up to try to take a photo and the crew didn't get involved. Our tour guide was a girl who knew a little about whales (and some misinformation!) but talked way too much.
    View All 74 Whale Watching Reviews